Chapter 19- Nevaeh

~Boyfriend~
•Chapter 19•

"Really Nevaeh?!" Sladen groans while walking into the house.

I look back from the couch with a Twizzler sticking out of my mouth only to see Sladen standing at the living room door frame with his arms crossed I lay back down spreading out on the couch as I bite a piece out of my Twizzler and hold it out to him.

"If you wanted my Twizzler so badly you could've just asked," I say as my arm gets tired from holding it out.

I need to exercise more.

"You know you're the most annoying person in the world," Sladen says walking over and sitting on my legs.

"And yet you still haven't killed me," I say shaking my head.

"Where's Noah and Kenji?" I ask looking back at the living room door.

"They had to attend some business but they dropped me off here before they went," he says as he lays down in between my legs.

"Want one?" I asked holding out the Twizzlers.

"What are we watching?" He asks while taking one of the Twizzlers.

"Ocean's 8," I say as I resume the movie.

"So I'm your boyfriend now?" Sladen asks making me pause the movie.

"Since uh- when," I say mimicking Chris Hemsworth as I remember the interview I had watched earlier on in the day.

"Since you told the boys in the parking lot that I was," he says tilting his head up and staring at me.

"I said that to get them off your car and to shut them up, obviously didn't work," I say muttering the last part under my breath, "besides you have not asked me to be your girlfriend so no you are not my boyfriend," I say with a pointed look.

"Well do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks silently making me laugh.

"No," I say making him sit up and turn to look at me.

"What why?" He asks confusion etched on his face.

"You're going to have to do better than just asking me to be your girl on my couch," I say trying to hide my smile.

Sladen huffs and stands up which confuses me. He reaches out grabbing my hand and making me stand with him.

As I stand he lets go of my hand and falls backwards onto the hard floor making me worry for his head and back.

"Slade-" I begin to ask if he's okay only to be cut off.

"Dear, Nevaeh- what's your middle name?" He asks lifting his head off the floor,

"I don't have one," I say holding in my laugh,

"Dear Nevaeh- I don't have one, Reid will you-" he cuts himself off as he sits up and points at me making me laugh before continuing, "do me the absolute honour and be my most amazing wonderfully beautiful girlfriend?" He screams at the top of his lungs making me shake my head 'yes' as I die of laughter.

Sladen laughs with me as he pulls me down to the ground making me drop onto his chest.

As our laughter dies down I sit up looking down at him.

"I'm hungry, boyfriend are you?" I ask with a cheeky smile etched onto my face.

"Yes, girlfriend I am hungry how bout I make dinner?" He asks standing up and holding his hand out for me which I gladly take.

"How bout we both make dinner boyfriend?" I ask to which he nods and leads me to my kitchen.

As we begin to grab all the ingredients Sladen stops and stares at me making me confused,

"Do you not care about what you found out today? Or what your parents would've done to you if Noah didn't go?" He asks making me stop cutting the vegetables.

"I grew up with no one to teach me anything or to tell me that they cared. When Noah moved in I finally had someone whom I could look up to, he showed me he cared. I didn't hate my parents but I also didn't love them, as a child I hoped that they'd someday miraculously change and show me they loved and cared for me but as I grew older and when they sent Noah away I realized it would never happen.

By the time they wanted to try and make effort in being my parents, it was too late. They weren't there when I needed them so why would I want them here now? I don't view those people as my parents they've hurt me way too many times to count, today was just proof of that," I say gripping the knife.

"Besides that my boyfriend is in a mafia I can't be mad at Noah for being in one," I add turning to look at Sladen who had been right behind me.

As I look him in the eyes he pulls me into a hug catching me by surprise.

"I guess a mafia member has a soft spot for me," I  jokingly mumble into his neck.

"Leader," Sladen says making me pull away in shock.

—————————————————————————

A/N: I watched mommy-verse of ma- sorry multiverse of madness and might I add that shit was good.