Chapter 30- Nevaeh

~Heartaches~
•Chapter 30•

"I never really asked you guys whose last name you guys took when you got married?" I asked as Noah mixes the batter for the pancakes.

Today was the second last day of school and I had heard nothing from the boys or even Belle. My surgery is booked for the 24th since my condition had gotten worse. Nothing too drastic just enough for Kenji to call and book the appointment for the 24th.

"Cortez my last name," Kenji says as he walks into the room struggling to tie his tie.

"Don't look at me I wear the clip-ons," Noah says waving the spatula around making me laugh and get up to tie it for him.

After I finish he thanks me and sits beside me.

"Any word from the boys?" Kenji asks.

"Nope it's like they disappeared from thin air, none of them are returning my texts or calls. Even Belle isn't," I say looking at my phone as though if I stare long enough maybe a message will pop up.

"They probably got caught up doing something I'm sure they're fine," Noah says to which Kenji agrees.

"I just hope they get back before the surgery," I say not wanting to go through it alone.

Yes, I have Kenji and Noah by my side but id like my other family by it too.

"They will I'm positive," Kenji says getting up and kissing my forehead while bidding me goodbye since he was already running late.

Noah finishes up making the pancakes and tells me to hurry and finish up so he can drop me to school.

Since none of my friends are here I've gone back to sitting in the bathroom for lunch.

...

When I arrived home I went straight to my room to put my phone on charge. It had died in the middle of the day since I had forgotten to put it on charge last night.

I went back down and just as I was about to enter the kitchen the front door opens causing me to look back.

In walks Noah and Kenji looking very much visibly distraught.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I walk towards them.

"Nothing just some business problem that came up but it's nothing to worry about," Noah says as he and Kenji make their way to the kitchen with me following behind.

"Okay, do you want to watch a movie tonight," I ask changing the topic sensing they don't want to talk about it.

"Maybe I have to see if I finish my paperwork in time," Noah says as Kenji agrees.

"Um well okay I'll just be in my room, call me for dinner?" I say as they shoot me a thumbs up and I head back upstairs.

Weirdos.

As I enter my room I head to my bookshelf and pick out a book.

After doing so I get changed into pyjamas and get into bed.

After about 2 hours into my book, I get a message which nearly makes me throw my book.

I don't cause it would physically hurt me if I bent or ripped it.

As I unlock my phone I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding as I read who messaged me.

Sladen had asked me to meet at the beach he asked me out on at 8 pm before sunset.

I check the time and realize it's 5:30 meaning I had about two and a half hours I reply to him telling him I'll see him there I set an alarm for 7:15 and close my phone.

I pick up my book and begin to read once again.

The annoying sound of my alarm cuts me off. I close my book and place it on my bedside table as I make my way to my closet and get changed.

I head downstairs and tell them I'll be home soon.

"Don't you want dinner it's almost done," Kenji says walking out the kitchen and to the front door.

"Just save me some," I say with a pleading look to which he nods and tells me to get lost.

I grab my keys from the rack and head to the beach.

As soon as I arrive I make out a silhouette. As I near it I immediately run and go for a hug only for him to stick a hand out which catches me by surprise.

"You're alive, god I was so worried," I sigh as I stop in front of him.

He stares at me for a moment causing me to look at him confused.

"Everything okay?" I ask.

"We're over," he says making me take a few steps back.

"W-what?" I say as a wave of sadness takes over before I continue, "what do you mean we're over? You can't just up and leave and then come back out of the blue to tell me it's over. You told me you loved me someone who loves you wouldn't do this" I say frustrated.

"God, you think I was in love with you? You were a ploy in my mission to kill my father! he thought I loved you more than the people I actually love and so who better to try and kill than the girlfriend of your son who he supposedly loves so much, if he killed you he'd bring himself out of hiding and I would've killed him without the heartache of losing someone I actually care about. Lucky for you he was an idiot and came out himself so I killed him. You were my bait Nevaeh and now I don't need you so you are useless to me," Sladen says which causes a thousand swords to go through me.

"So you used me?" I ask.

"Yes I did," he says calmly.

Maybe this is a good thing.

Now I won't be hurting people when I'm gone.

I take a deep breath and calm myself, not allowing the tears to fall from my eyes.

"Okay but I still have to thank you," I sigh as he gives me a confused look "even though your love was supposedly fake you still treated me as if you loved me, so thank you for allowing me to feel love and give love because at least I can die knowing I can give someone love who isn't blood," I say walking closer to him and continuing, "I may have not been your first or even last but one day you'll understand why I'm actually thankful," for the last time I kiss his cheek before turning to leave only to be pulled into a hug.

"I'm sorry I didn't know, we'll see each other one day right?" Arabelle says in tears making me sigh and shake my head.

"Only if a miracle exists," I respond and pull her away Only for her to pull out a wad of cash and mumble a "we won,"

"Keep it," I say and with that I begin to walk away from the people I grew to love, the people who I knew were my family, the people I'll die loving.

They'll always be my heavenly sin.

—————————————————————————