38 // simple but complete

Chapter 38: Are you smart?

♤✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶ 𐐒𐐚 ✶ఌ𖨆ఌ✶♤

Camilla

It subjective in this moment.

My mind is somewhat fogged as I watch Theo leave my apartment with his shoulder slumped. My hands gripped the edge of my top as the door closed.

I turned to the uneaten food feeling consumed with guilt. I shake my head running my hands down my face before walking to my door. I open it and to my surprise see Theo standing there looking as if he was about to knock.

A tired smile broke out on my lips, "Back so soon?"

He smiled back at me looking slightly unsure, "I couldn't leave the food behind." The small joke eased the tension in the room.

I stepped aside once again and he walked in, "Im sorry."

"Done with the silent treatment?"

I nodded, "I didn't mean to lash out on you."

"What happened?" He asked again.

Sighing I closed my eyes titling my head back staring at the ceiling with no intent of answering his question.

What didn't happen?

"I'm sorry," I said to him again not answering the question.

"Cam-"

"I really didn't mean anything I said about you," I started, "I really wasn't even talking about you. I know that doesn't make much sense," I rambled on.

Theo watched me talk not saying anything.

"I love you. I think you're basically perfect," I continued realizing the more I talked the more I started sounding like Theo when he goes on his logn rants. "And I really am sorry, Parker."

"I'll accept that apology for now," he smiled. "But what actually happened?"

I pinched my arm to make sure the tears I could feel growing in my eyes didn't fall, "I just had a rough day."

Glancing away from him I started apologizing again, "I shouldn't have taken it out on you. It won't happen again." I assured him. Before I could go on again I felt his arms wrap around me in a hug.

I leaned into the touch feeling my guard go down as I hugged him back. For a minute neither of us spoke and I appreciated the action more than he probably realized. When I pulled away I slightly frowned seeing a damp spot on his shirt caused by my tears. Theo looked at me with concern still present on his face, "You can talk to me."