Spirit Of The Ducks

I can't believe how long it's been since we were all together. I really miss the team. Of course, I've met up and kept contact with them over the years - just nothing like this. Plus there's a whole event honouring us - who would've thought that would happen. Definitely nervous about that, but for some reason, I'm also a little nervous about seeing everyone again. Apparently, Adam booked it so we'd have the place to ourselves.

Am I gonna cry at some point during tonight? Most likely. I did some digging and found an insane amount of stuff from the Ducks days. I have to bring it all, I just have to. I get changed into something casual with a hint of formal. I want to make sure I'm early, so I grab the bag filled with nostalgia and start driving.

I pull up by Twin Cities Slice, a little overwhelmed yet so excited. If only I could park closer - it's freezing. As I open the door, the warmth hits me. A server comes and takes my jacket and shows me to the table.

"Can I get you something to drink while you wait?"

"I'll have a hot chocolate, please." I smile.

"Of course, coming right up."

"Thanks."

I take a deep breath and take in the surroundings. This place is so cosy and beautiful. Plus the staff have been lovely so far. A minute later I get my hot chocolate and relax as a I wait for the others to arrive. I pull out my phone and start scrolling through stuff. All of a sudden, I hear the door open and close followed by a familiar voice.

"There she is!"

"Fulton!" I cheer as we wrap our arms around each other. "How you doing?"

"I'm good. How're you?"

"Much better now."

"How long has it been? Like 4 months?"

"Something like that." I smile as we sit down. "Not as long as it's been for some of the guys."

We have a quick catch up as we wait for the rest of the gang. Though the past few years have been tough, sitting with Fulton right now is making everything worth it. Next thing we know, the door opens again.

"Averman!" Fulton engulfs him in a hug.

"It's the Aver-meister." I mock how he used to talk.

"Oh, wow, blast from the past." He laughs as he pulls away from Fulton.

Barely 5 minutes later, we get 3 in 1. First up is:

"Cake-eater! Thanks for arranging this, man."

"Of, course." He moves out to reveal:

"Connie and Guy - world's cutest couple from day 1." I smile whilst hugging Connie.

"Still single, huh, Y/N?" Guy teases.

"Ouch." I gasp. "Better watch it, Germaine."

It feels like I've gone back in time as I look around the table. Another 15 minutes go by when Adam asks:

"Aren't we missing a couple people?"

"Yeah, Fulton, are you sure Bombay's gonna show?" I turn to him.

"Said he wouldn't miss it. But you know he's constantly late."

"So am I." We hear from behind us. "Sorry I'm late."

"Kenny Wu!" I sprint to him.

He picks me up and spins me around. We became best friends the minute we met all those years ago.

"You haven't changed." He laughs, still spinning.

"You have. Look at you, you're all grown up!" I exclaim as my feet touch the ground.