Hide Me

This idea is spawned from the fact that I own a Fulton jersey.

Waiting and boredom go hand in hand. The team is meeting up for breakfast before we do press stuff - meaning we need to be in our jerseys. Some people have already left, but I promised Fulton that I'd wait for him whilst he took a shower. I've sat here for all of 5 minutes and I'm bored out of my mind. It wouldn't be so bad if someone else stayed for me to talk to. Sick of waiting, I cure the boredom by having some fun. I grab Fulton's jersey and slip it on over my own - 3 layers with this heat is a bad idea but who cares? Whilst I hear the water still running, I quickly exit the room and make my way to the dining room.

"Hey, Portman." I greet him as I catch up to him in the hallway.

"Hey, babe." He replies. I just let him call me babe, it's easier than constantly telling him not to.

"I don't wanna do any interviews. I hate trying to come up with formal responses and having to act proper or whatever." I complain about how much press we are having to do.

"Same. But hey, the cameras love you."

"Yeah, well, I don't love them."

"Think about it. The world's gonna know our names now."

"Hell yeah, it is!" I high-five him.

Just then, Julie, Adam, Averman and Guy join us. We say hi to them and catch them up on what we were talking about. We also decide to stop walking and just hang out for a few minutes before going for food.

"I can't believe they keep putting you guys together." Guy references the fact that myself, Dean and Fulton are constantly doing interviews together.

"They wanna talk to the Bash Brigade." I shrug whilst using a high voice.

"We always deliver." Dean adds.

"Where is Fulton anyway?" Adam asks.

"What do you mean? I'm right here." I laugh whilst getting confused looks from all of them - guess they haven't noticed.

"What?" Adam is the voice of confusion.

"He was in the shower. I got bored waiting and stole his jersey." I explain as I turn around and show them his number instead of mine.

"Oh, I'm sure he'll love that." Averman sarcastically nods and pulls a silly face.

We all laugh and continue chatting about the different bits of press we've been doing. Nobody has been able to escape the individual interviews. As we keep talking, I have a realisation.

"I feel sorry for you, Jules." I turn to her. "Don't you have to do the most?"

"I think so."

"What do you have to do?" Guy asks.

"Individual interviews, the full team interviews, goalie stuff with Goldberg, girls only stuff with Connie and Y/N and the new players stuff with Portman and the others. All that and any stuff they decide to add." She lists them all off.

"Damn." Dean says as we all stand with wide eyes.

"You're a god, Gaffney." I state. How does she have any time to practice or have a social life?

Just a minute later, our conversation gets interrupted by the sound of my name being yelled. My face drops as I realise that it's Fulton. Luckily the others are surrounding me so he can't see me. I guess he saw them and assumed I was with them. I quickly sneak past Averman and Adam to go hide under the reception desk.

"You never saw me." I tell them before crouching down and crawling under the desk.

"Hey, Fulton." They all greet him.

"Hi. Do you guys know where Y/N is?"

"No." Averman answers.

"No, sorry." Julie also answers.

"Haven't seen her, sorry." Adam says in unison with them.

"Nah, man. We gotta find her though - we got our first interview of the day together." Wow, didn't expect Portman to be this good.

"You sure?" Fulton doubts.

"She might have gone for food already." Guy suggests.

Fulton thanks them before saying goodbye. I don't trust it, so I stay where I am as it goes silent. Suddenly, Dean knocks on the desk and says:

"He's gone. You can come out."

"Thanks for covering for me." I thank them as I crawl out from under it.

As I rejoin them, we realise the time. We should probably go get food because we're running low on time before press stuff starts. When we start walking away, I stay at the back with Dean. We don't get very far before a pair of arms wrap around me and crush me as my feet fly off the ground and I let out a shriek in shock.

"Put me down!" I laugh uncontrollably. My feet land on the ground and I'm quickly turned around whilst the others laugh.

"You said you would wait for me."

"I did... For a few minutes." I say in a goofy voice, making him laugh.

"I would say to keep the jersey because you look better in it than I do - but I kinda need it."

"The jerseys are the same, you know?" Guy interrupts but is quickly shut down.

"Hand it over." Fulton holds his hand out.

"Fine." I playfully stick my tongue out before taking his jersey off and handing it to him.

"Thank you." He chuckles and puts it on before giving me a quick kiss.

Fulton slings an arm around my shoulder as we rejoin the rest of the group. The others are gonna wonder where the hell we are, so we rush over for breakfast and prepare for the interviews. It's gonna be a long day.