Mistake

This was requested by SwordDasilva. I hope this is along the lines of what you had in mind.

Things were going so well for us. We made new friends and won the Junior Goodwill Games in the process. Then we got scholarships at Eden Hall. We were flying high and nothing could stop us. However, the hits started rolling before we even stepped foot in a classroom. Now the hits are endless and we're just trying to roll with the punches.

First Bombay bailed on us. It wasn't the first time but that didn't make it hurt any less. When Portman found out, he bailed too. He's one of my best friends so it felt like a bigger betrayal. Fulton and I are basically the only ones who call him. All that hurt before our first day.

Once school actually started, so did the torment. The Varsity, or Warriors as they call themselves, have been relentless bullies since the moment they saw us. Poor Kenny gets the worst of it. Our new coach is nothing but a bitter dictator who took Adam away. As his girlfriend, it was bittersweet at first. Obviously, I was proud of him for making Varsity - proving his talent. But it made my heart ache knowing he wouldn't be with us as much.

I didn't expect to cut off almost all contact. As soon as I saw him in his Varsity jacket whilst being sat at their lunch table, something seemed wrong. I shrugged it off and assumed it was because of new teams - but I thought we'd still spend lunch together. However, as time has gone on, we've become strangers. Nobody can seem to get hold of him and he's always with them. I couldn't tell you the last time we talked and it hurts more than words can say. I can't help but feel like I've done something wrong.

My suffering has been overshadowed by the most unexpected turn of events. A little over a week ago, Connie and Guy broke up. For the last couple of months, they've been bickering constantly - I don't know what seemed to change with them but it was noticeable. Connie called it quits after being tired of arguing every 5 minutes. She didn't want to end it and Guy didn't want her to but it seemed like the best choice. They've both been total messes trying to keep it together around others ever since.

With everything going on and more seemingly adding to that crushing weight, it's like I've forgotten how to sleep. Every night I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling - occasionally glancing at the agonisingly slow ticking clock - as I'm left with nothing but my intrusive thoughts. Finally wanting to break this cycle, I decide to just put a film on to distract myself. However, as I approach the form's shared living space, I realise that someone else beat me to it.

"Mind if I join the pity party?" I ask, catching Guy off guard as a generic rom-com plays.

"Be my guest." He shrugs and makes room for me on the small two-seater couch.

"I see you've opted to torture yourself." I reference the genre he went with. "Have you been doing this a lot?" I ask as I cover myself with the other half of his blanket.

"Yeah. This is my second of the night."

"You must've gone through the entire rom-com catalogue by now." I joke.

"I'm just looking for answers. Surely one of them can show me what I did wrong and how I can get her back." He admits the heartbreaking truth.

"I respect the effort but they're just movies. None of it is real."

"I know. I just don't know what else to do." He frowns.

"If it makes you feel any better, it didn't look like either of you did anything wrong. We're teenagers - that stuff happens. You probably just need a little time apart since you've always been together." I reason.

"I hope that's what it is. What about you and Adam? I know that's why you're awake." He shifts the attention onto me.

"I wish I knew." I sigh as the movie runs in the background. "It's like I don't exist anymore. It makes no sense. I mean we spent every day together and nothing seemed wrong. But as soon as he's moved to Varsity, it's like we've never met." I rant.