The Varsity Cake-Eater

First request of the year goes to ken_wu_bash_bro! I had total creative freedom as long as Adam was involved - so, I hope you like what I've come up with.

With my hockey scholarship at Eden Hall, it's fair to say that I'm on a free ride and life comes easy. I get whatever I want - well, mostly. I've pitched the idea of having an all girls hockey team so that I don't have to deal with the morons I currently have as teammates. They didn't go for it - they keep changing their story as to why whenever I bring up the idea.

In my time here, I've gained plenty to be proud of. Not only am I the only girl on the Varsity team, but I'm also the youngest - having only joined halfway through last year. I've proven my skill as a star player on many occasions - being the reason for a lot of game wins. Has all of it come with a bit of ego? Of course. But why shouldn't it? I've earned it even if people claim it's all because of my family's money. That may be slightly true with some things, but I've shown time and time again that I'm good enough to deserve what I have. I've been labelled many things by other students - a narcissist being one of the main ones. People here don't like me and I've come to accept that.

Recently, a whole new team of hockey players my age were added as the JV team. Finally, other girls who play hockey. What started as hazing has ended up in a full blown war between our teams. No matter how much things escalate, I'd say we win. You see, from the start, we stole their star power. We took Banks. Without putting any effort in, we destroyed them from the inside - it's like we stole a key organ that'd shut the body down.

We started off simple. The guys stood guard as I sneaked into the locker room and gave them a head-start on their laundry by drenching their clothes in the showers. Surprisingly, that was Cole's idea - he doesn't have many of those. They fired back by freezing our stuff to the point where a single touch could shatter our jackets. Pretty inventive, I'll give them that. Knowing we'd have to fire back and amp things up, Rick became overbearing when planning the next attack.

To pull this off, we had to blindside Banks. Him being oblivious was the key to convincing the Ducks to come to a fancy dinner with us. It worked like a treat. Rick made sure to splash out with the menu to wrack up a hefty bill. With everything in place, it's time to gorge on the feast. As I sit surrounded by some Ducks and engage in an actually friendly conversation, I realise that they're good people. They're a family. Partway through the dinner, I look down the table to see Banks zoned out. Just as I start to realise his conflict, Rick makes a speech. It's too late to go back. Besides, we're just getting revenge - they destroyed Adam's stuff too, so they deserve something.

"On behalf of the Eden Hall Warriors state champion hockey team, I'd like to welcome the future state champs - the Eden Hall freshmen. Here, here." We all cheers and repeat his last words. "We're just glad you loaned us Banksie so that we'd have a chance to beat you guys in the annual freshmen/Varsity showdown. Now, nobody move. We've got one last surprise. Fellas. Y/N. Banksie."

We start to get up and exit through the double doors. Adam still has the same look on his face.

"Come on, Banks." I urge him to come with me.

"Don't worry, we'll be right back." Rick assures the helpless victims.

As the doors close behind us, we get a glimpse of the sparkling cake being wheeled down the hall. Despite the excitement of Cole and the others, we quickly clear off before the Ducks can do anything and so we don't get saddled with the nearly 900 dollar bill. Since our freshmen dorms are separate from the rest of the team, the drop us off first.

"Good work tonight, boys." I praise the goons as I grab my jacket and leave, following Adam.

"Hey, you too." Rick grins.