Scream

For as long as I can remember, Connie and Guy have been together - and boy was Guy clingy back in the day. Of course they've had their fair share of fights over the years - they are human after all. Despite everything that life threw at them, nobody ever had any doubts about the longevity of their relationship. Everyone on the team played a part in the proposal - Dean and Averman almost ruined it but we saved everything in time. That was when we were 22. Connie's level head agreed but made Guy wait a couple of years before they actually got married so that they were a little more financially stable. It wasn't long until they had their first son Gordon (I'm sure you can guess who he was named after).

In present day, they actually have 3 kids. Poor Connie continues to be outnumbered by boys. Although she could never pick a favourite child, that doesn't stop the teasing speculation that her only daughter takes that role.

With Connie being as important as she is to the community, she has a lot of dinners and events to attend. Some involve taking the stay-at-home dad himself for moral support. Tonight is one of those nights. Apparently, when the kids heard that they needed a babysitter, they asked for Fulton and I specifically asked as their favourite aunt and uncle.

Fult and I happily agreed. However, we remembered too late that we were supposed to hang out with Portman. Knowing we couldn't cancel on Connie and Guy, we decided to invite Dean along. Given his enthusiasm for horror movies - especially the upcoming continuation of the Scream movies - he quickly came up with a sadistic plan.

We looked at him like the crazy person he is as he practically pleaded for us to do it. We were extremely hesitant but somehow caved in and reluctantly agreed. Pulling up to the house, I can't believe we're going through with this.

"Did you remember everything?" Fulton asks his friend in the back seat.

"Yep, it's all here." Dean confirms.

"Are you sure about this? I really think we should call it off." I try to change the plan last minute.

"Are you kidding? You promised - what else am I meant to do?"

"Babysit like a normal person!"

"I'm not a normal person!" No shit.

"Come on, he bought all the stuff." Fulton calmly sides with him so that there isn't some childish outburst.

"Connie is gonna kill us." I'm scared when that woman gets angry.

"It'll blow over. The kids are gonna laugh about it later." Dean tries to reason.

"Yeah... After a shit ton of therapy."

"Kenny didn't get therapy."

"It's called the rest of the team. Besides, they aren't Kenny." Despite my efforts, it's a losing battle and I can feel his eyes burning into the back of my head. "Fine! But remember the deal, okay? I'm not part of it."

"Okay, okay."

Still puzzled about how anybody agreed to Dean's disturbing mind, we exit my car and head to the house. Leaving his bag of nightmares in his seat, Portman trails behind us. Realising they're running late, Connie and Guy rush out after calling out to the other room - letting the kids know that we're here and telling them to behave.

"Auntie Y/N!" The youngest kid (6 year old Casper) cheers as he sprints and jumps into my arms the instant I walk through the door.

"Hey, buddy!" I grin at my partner in crime.

"Hi, uncle Fulton!" 8 year old Gwen hugs his legs.

"Hi, Gwenie." Fult picks her up so we can walk to the couch. "Hey, Gordie."