How To Rumors

1. Don't Play Dumb
• Don't act like you have no idea what people are saying about you. Acting clueless will only make people think the rumors are true. There's no point in acting like you haven't heard the rumors if everyone else in your school has. Acknowledging that you know a rumor is going around about you is the first step on tackling it. If someone mentions the rumor, you can say,"I know what people are saying about me." Better yet, beat the rumor spreaders to the punch. If you know a viscous rumor is spreading about you(and fast!) then you can even tell other people who haven't heard about yet it. They'd be more likely to be on your side if they heard it from you, than if they heard it from the rumor mill.

2. Don't let them see how much you care.
• Avoid acting openly angry,upset, or hurt about the rumors. Even if they were really mean and painful, if you let yourself get upset publicly, then you'll be letting the other side win. If you really are upset about them, talking to some close friends will help much more than letting the world see you get upset. So keep a stiff upper lip, keep your head high, and don't let them get to you. The other thing is, if you act very upset because of the rumors, everyone will be convinced that they're true.

3.Don't fight fire with fire.
• Though it may be tempting to fight the rumors, you should take the high road and not fall into the low-life business of spreading rumors. Sure, you can spread the rumor about the person who started it, or spread a completely different rumor just to make people stop talking about you, but if you do this, chances are you'll only make things worse and you will look desperate and like you aren't any better than the person or people who spread t rumors to begin with. Remember that in the end, you want to come out at the top. You want people to respect you and to think that you're a worthy person. If you want to maintain a level of respect even after the viscious rumor is spread, then you have to continue to keep your head high, instead of thinking," If you can't beat em, join em." This will get you no where.

4. Talk to an adult or authority if you have to.
• Sure, talking to an adult or your boss about viscious rumors may not be fun, but it can get the person who spread them in trouble and make you feel better about the situation. If the rumors are still occuring, for example, and you know exactly who spread them, then talking to an authority figure can give the rumor spreader a good scare and can get he rumors to stop as quickly as possible. This is a tricky one. Its up to you to determine whether you need to talk to an adult or if you can handle this on your own.

5. Stand up for yourself.
• Don't confuse taking a stand for integrity with "being defensive." Go to a site such as www.nomorerwlibel.wordpress.com and tell the truth to people from there. Find a platform where you can communicate your side of the story. Since silence is not always so golden, it is good to have so!e things your prepared to say: "I do not believe that is true." Or "This appears to be an unfounded rumor. Such things can do harm." Look people in the eye when you say that. Make sure your side of the story prevails.

Hope this helped. Comment if you need anything.