Chapter 3

"Tsk tsk tsk, looking at her, she should be very attached to her brother..."

More and more people were attracted by the sound of her crying, and even the expressionless Li Jingran was being pointed at by them. Even the resident doctor, who was making ward rounds, could not help but frown. He wanted to give this brother and sister a way out.

"Alright, alright! There's nothing to see. Let's go back!"

The doctor waved at the people around him. He walked into the ward and flipped through Xu Wanwan's medical records to make sure that she was alright, then said to Li Jingran, "Since she's awake, let's take her back. Our hospital beds are tight. Please cooperate with our family members."

"I'm not..." Li Jingran's face darkened. He wanted to explain.

However, the doctor did not give them a chance at all. He turned around and left. He told the nurses at the ward door that Xu Wanwan's bed would be empty tonight. There were still other patients waiting for their lives to be saved.

He had to leave now even if he did not want to.

Li Jingran stared coldly at the girl. "Are you satisfied?"

Xu Wanwan sniffed silently and lowered her head. She whispered, "Brother, I'm sorry..."

"I really don't know where to go. Brother, if you're still angry, I-I won't trouble you to take me home. Can you show me the way? I'll walk home by myself, okay?"

Let a little girl who had just woken up walk home in the middle of the night?

How much hate was there between the siblings?

The person in the next bed looked at Li Jingran as if he was a beast.

Li Jingran felt as if the tip of a knife was pointed at his back.

His face was pitch black as he said coldly, "Follow me."

Li Residence, study room.

"Sir, that lady has already fallen asleep."

"Got it. Don't worry about her."

Li Jingran rushed over to report to the butler and nodded. Recalling what had happened just now, a cold glint flashed across his eyes.

The next day.

Xu Wanwan thought that she would not be able to fall asleep after running away from home, but in fact, she slept very well. She slept until daybreak.

She felt her body become lighter than ever before. The stifling feeling that had been lingering in her heart seemed to have disappeared without a trace. Subconsciously, she attributed the credit to that strange man.

As expected of the son of Fate!

Although it was very embarrassing yesterday, it was worth it.

Soon, she was called downstairs to eat.

Li Jingran had already arrived. There was coffee in his hand, and he was looking at something on his phone. He completely ignored her.

However, Xu Wanwan had just basked in his light, so she did not feel neglected at all. She pulled out a chair and sat down. She took the initiative to say, "Good morning, Brother."

The young girl's voice was clear and sweet, with a tinge of joy and delight. Her almond-shaped eyes curved into crescent moons, looking somewhat cute and naïve.

Li Jingran glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes and nodded silently.

Xu Wanwan had a good appetite. It had been a long time since she had eaten a hot breakfast. In the past, in order to curry favor with her family, she was the first person in the family to wake up. By the time everyone was done eating, her portion would have long gone cold.