Chapter 17

"But you don't have the obligation to be good to me," Xu Wanwan insisted. "If you're good to me, I have to do something for you."

"You want to cook for me again?" Li Jingran subconsciously looked at the girl's hand and vetoed it. "I said once a week, no more."

"It's not just cooking. I can do other things," Xu Wanwan said sincerely.

"I don't need you to do anything," Li Jingran said. "I took you home not because I'm looking for free labor anyway."

"But if you keep helping me, I'll feel bad."

Xu Wanwan saw that he kept on disagreeing, so she became anxious as she explained. "I'm not used to owing favors. Just let me do something."

Li Jingran frowned. This was the first time he had heard of such a request.

However, when he thought of the girl's original family, he could understand her reluctance to not owe him anything.

After all, she had suffered too much. Now that she was suddenly living a comfortable life, she could not help but feel uncomfortable.

Li Jingran lowered his voice and confirmed once again, "Are you sure you want to help me?"

"Yes, I'm sure!" Xu Wanwan immediately nodded. "As long as it's something I can do, I'll definitely do it well."

Li Jingran chuckled and compromised, "Alright, you'll go to the company with me tomorrow and help the secretary handle some small matters."

Xu Wanwan's eyes lit up.

He agreed!

It would be best if she could go to Li Jingran's company. She could even take advantage of the holiday to learn something.

It was much better than being idle at home.

Xu Wanwan was very excited. She got up early the next day and tidied up. After she finished making breakfast, she waited for Li Jingran in the dining room.

At seven o'clock, Li Jingran went downstairs. When he saw the girl sitting and waiting, he couldn't help but frown. "Did you cook again today?"

"No, no." Xu Wanwan knew he would ask this question, so she thought of an excuse in advance. "This was made by the kitchen Auntie, not me."

Li Jingran glanced at the hot porridge in front of him indifferently. He took a spoonful and tasted it. His eyes darkened. "Since when did you learn to lie?"

Xu Wanwan's heart skipped a beat.

"It seems that Miss Xu thinks I'm a fool. Do you think I won't be able to tell the taste?" Li Jingran looked at the girl's surprised look and laughed. "Did Auntie cook this meal or did you cook it?"

Xu Wan blushed and quickly apologized, "I made it, I'm sorry."

After saying that, she carefully glanced at Li Jingran. Seeing that he was not as angry as before, she said, "I just want to be more of a help to you..."

"Okay, from now on, just follow me to the company to help out. You don't have to do things at home."

Xu Wanwan bit her lip and nodded. "Okay."

After breakfast, Xu Wanwan followed Li Jingran into the driver's car and arrived at the Li Corporation together.

After getting out of the car, she looked up at the towering building and a hint of shock surfaced in her eyes.

"Is such a big building all yours?"

"Yes, this is just one of the companies." Li Jingran carried the briefcase and strode inside.