Chapter 28

A mix of grievance and anger surged inside her chest.

This was too much!

Xu Wanwan gripped the corner of the table tightly with both hands and turned to look at those people. "Who did this?"

Xia Nuan'er burst out laughing. She felt so comfortable in her heart.

A shameless girl like that deserved to be taught a lesson.

She thought she was amazing just because she was able to get on Li Jingran's good side, but she still wanted to fight with her? No way!

Xu Wanwan took a deep breath and saw Xia Nuan'er gloating. She walked up to her and asked coldly, "Did you do it?"

"Don't you slander me, okay?" Xia Nuan'er stood up, her tone was particularly arrogant. "You're not that likable, so why are you framing me?"

"There are surveillance cameras in the company. It doesn't matter if you don't admit it." Xu Wanwan gradually calmed down. "If you did this, you'd better be prepared to pay for it."

"The company's computer screen is damaged, and important documents are damaged. You'll have to compensate for it. Also, you have to clean up my desk and chair."

Xia Nuan'er scoffed. "Hmph, you're just a sellout. You're lucky to be on the rich list. Do you think you have the right to act like an official here?"

"You'd better think it through before you say anything. After all, it's illegal to spread rumors."

"I broke the law? Ridiculous!" Xia Nuan'er's tone became even more arrogant. "Then, aren't you also breaking the law by selling yourself off?"

Xu Wanwan looked at her coldly and did not say another word.

She did not want to argue with a red face. She only wanted to solve the problem.

Xia Nuan'er, however, seemed to be under the impression that she was afraid. She immediately stood on top of the chair and urged everyone, "Let me tell everyone that Xu Wanwan is Director Li's mistress. She used this kind of improper relationship to become our team leader. We should protest!"

"Why should we let a person who knows nothing control us? We should chase such a person out."

Under Xia Nuan'er's urging, the discussion around them grew louder and louder. They looked at Xu Wanwan with disdain and indifference.

Xu Wanwan's heart tightened, and she tried her best to calm her emotions. "I'll go check the surveillance footage now. If I find out that you're the one who did this, you'll pay the price."

"Are you threatening me? I'm so scared!"

Xu Wanwan bit her lip and took a step to leave.

Xia Nuan'er grabbed her arm with full force, making her unable to move at all.

"What are you trying to do?" Xu Wanwan asked in a displeased tone as she looked down at the hands on her arms.

"Of course, I'm trying to let everyone see your ugly face. If I were you, I wouldn't be able to stay here and just obediently get out of here."

Xu Wanwan retorted mercilessly and shook her hands off. "You're the one who should take a hike."

Feeling provoked, Xia Nuan'er raised her hand and rushed forward to push Xu Wanwan. "Who do you think you are? How dare you ask me to get lost!"

"Stop!"

A cold and dignified voice was heard.

Xia Nuan'er was stunned.