Chapter 16

"That's right. If I had a top scorer daughter, how could I bear to let her suffer all those hardships?"

"Moreover, the Xu family's biological daughter is so scheming. Her own strength isn't good enough, yet she still blames others."

How could Xu Yue listen to these words that denied her? With tears in her eyes, she still wanted to explain, "It's not what everyone thinks... I have a very good relationship with my sister."

"The victim hasn't even cried yet, and you're already suffering." Someone had long disliked Xu Yue and directly retorted, "Your Xu family is so good at bullying people, what's there to justify?"

Xu Yue bit her lip and looked even more pitiful.

When Xu Zhongyi saw that he had lost a lot of face this time, he glared at Xu Wanwan resentfully. "No matter what, she's still your sister. Can't you give in to her a little?"

"Yeah, you're always so aggressive as an elder sister." Sun Yuelan's words were full of protectiveness. "Your sister is sensible and obedient. You can't blame us for being a little harsh on you."

Xu Wanwan frowned slightly.

She originally thought that she wouldn't waste her emotions for the sake of this family, but things had already come to this point. They didn't have any intention of coming to their senses at all. They still wholeheartedly protected Xu Yue.

Yes, they had never liked her; so how could they handle the problem from a fair perspective?

Xu Wanwan sighed lightly, covering the sadness that flashed in her eyes.

Li Jingran held the girl's hand without batting an eyelid. He turned to look at the Xu family and said mockingly, "You don't have anything to do with Wanwan. What right do you have to teach her a lesson?"

Xu Zhongyi still wanted to defend himself, but Sun Yuelan immediately grabbed his arm and shook her head.

If she were to admit Xu Wanwan's identity now, it would be very disadvantageous to Xu Yue.

Xu Zhongyi swung his arm. "Let's go."

"How can you leave just like that after bullying a Li family member?" Li Jingran coldly called out to the Xu family members who wanted to escape. He took a document from the butler and flung it at them. "This is evidence of Xu Yue starting rumors in private. Go back and prepare for it. Wait for my lawyer's letter."

"What?! You want to sue us?"

Li Jingran spat out a word, "Scram."

As soon as he said that, some bodyguards dressed in black appeared in the corner and brought the members of the Xu family out.

After the members of the Xu family left, the banquet went on as usual.

Many people had changed their impression of the Xu family. Instead, they especially admired Xu Wanwan.

Li Jingran turned around and looked at Xu Wanwan. Seeing that she was in a normal mood, he said calmly, "I'll introduce you to some people."

"Okay." Xu Wan looked up and smiled at the man.

This smile melted Li Jingran's heart.

He took the girl's hand and brought her close to her peers, who were about to attend school, and said in a light voice, "You guys get to know each other. I'll come and find you later."

Xu Wanwan nodded obediently. "Okay."

After Li Jingran left, a few girls surrounded her.

"Hello, my name is Fang Ya. Nice to meet you." A girl in a simple dress elegantly walked over.