Chapter 5

"Brother, are you kicking me out again?" She looked at Li Jingran resentfully. Her small face was wrinkled, and she complained in a nasal voice, "I don't know anyone else. If I really have other family members, why haven't they come to me after I've lived here for so long?"

"Brother, you obviously ate my food, but you still want to kick me out..."

"Alright, don't cry. I didn't say I wanted to chase you away."

Li Jingran gave in without any hesitation.

In fact, he regretted the moment he said it.

Xu Wanwan was silly. She didn't seem to be wary of others. It would be strange if she didn't get bullied to death by those people when she returned to the Xu family with the results of the provincial championship. If she didn't watch from the sidelines, her results might really be snatched away.

Forget it. It was not like he could not afford it.

"Since you want to stay, let's make a pact."

Li Jingran thought for a moment, he said, "I'm not at home usually. You can stay on the first floor. If you want to see the entertainment room and private cinema, you can ask the butler to open it for you. If you have nothing to do, don't come to the second floor. Unless I'm here, you're not allowed to go near the study room."

"Don't worry, Brother! I'll be obedient!"

When Xu Wanwan heard this, she knew that she could stay. She was so happy. Whatever Li Jingran said, she would do. She wanted to write a guarantee.

"There's one more thing..."

Li Jingran paused, and a hint of hesitation flashed in his eyes. "I didn't lie to you before. Your family has indeed been found. You can stay, but at least tell them in person. Otherwise, people will think that I detained you."

He still wanted her to see the Xu Family?

Xu Wanwan subconsciously pursed her lips, and an uneasiness unconsciously appeared on her face.

"I'll listen to my brother." She thought for a moment and asked carefully, "But I really don't remember which family I have. I'm not sure. Can Brother accompany me?"

With the son of Fate present, even if she were to encounter Xu Yue, it shouldn't be too serious, right?

"Sure." Li Jingran nodded.

Early the next morning, three guests arrived at the Li family villa.

"Sister! Where have you been these past few days? Mother and Father are worried sick about you!"

As soon as Xu Wanwan went downstairs, a sweet sobbing voice sounded in the living room. Xu Wanwan was tying the bow behind her skirt when she was caught off guard by someone holding her arm, giving her goosebumps.

Xu Yue's gaze swept over the new dress she was wearing. It was a custom-made dress from a top Italian clothing brand. Previously, she could only look at it from afar. She was so greedy that she did not dare to ask her mother for it because it was too expensive!

Now, it was actually worn by this country bumpkin.

A trace of jealousy flashed across her eyes, but she said aggrievedly, "Sister, don't be angry. At the birthday party, it was all my friends who spouted nonsense. I have already taught them a good lesson. They are not allowed to bully you!"

She pretended to be considerate and said, "Even if Mother and Father tell the public that you're an adopted daughter, I'll still treat you as my biological sister! We can even apply to the same university. I'll take care of you!"