Chapter 41

"Stop talking nonsense and quickly take a look." Li Jinran's attitude was a little impatient.

Song Qingchen rolled his eyes at him and then resumed his good working attitude. He asked, "Miss, where are you feeling uncomfortable? Give me your symptoms so that I can diagnose you."

Xu Wanwan was completely confused, initiallu thinking that she was in such a condition because of the pain. Only when the man had neared her then she managed to react.

How could she be muddle-headed by the pain? She was genuinely confused!

The man wearing gold-framed glasses in front of her had cold and indifferent face, and the white coat he was wearing was particularlu eye-catching.

The corner of her mouth twitched, and she subconciously wrapped her arms around jer body. "Who... who are you?"

"This is my friend." Li Jingran squatted down and said in softer tone, "He is a doctor. Let him give you a checkup."

Li Jingran then glared at Song Qingchen after saying, "Manage your expression well. Don't scare her."

"Hmm, what's the relationship between the two of you?" Song Qingchen realised something about the situation was fishy. He turned to look at Xu Wanwan meaningfully. "Girlfriend?"

Li Jingran's face darkened. "I asked you over as a doctor."

"Okay, okay. We'll talk later." Song Qingchen slowly turned professional and asked patiently, "Young lady, where are feeling uncomfortable?"

Xu Wanwan bit the corner of her lips and looked troubled.

What had she done that so wrong?

She actually had to tell two men about her menstrual cramps?

Song Qingchen saw that she had not spoken for a while and that she was covering her stomach with her hands. He instantly guessed, "Are you on your period?"

Xu Wanwan suddenly looked up and stared at the man in front of her with a look of disbelief.

How did he know?!

Song Qingchen chuckled when he saw her reaction. "This is a normal physiological phenomenon. There's nothing to be embarrassed about."

"I'll give you some medicine to promote blood circulation and remove blood stasis. You'll get better after drinking it. Keep yourself warm and avoid cold drinks, got it?"

Xu Wanwan lowered her head and hummed.

"Here, this is the medicine." Song Qingchen took out two boxes and handed them to Li Jingran. Seeing his serious face, he teased, "Look at what's wrong with you as a boyfriend. You can't even remember your girlfriend's period."

Li Jingran took the pills in one go, the expression on his face looking extremely displeased. "You can leave now."

"Director Li, aren't you being too unethical to me? I came all the way here, and you didn't even treat me to a meal?"

Li Jingran couldn't be bothered with him. He opened the medicine box and popped out a few small pills. He looked at Xu Wanwan. "Open your mouth."

Xu Wanwan clutched the corner of her clothes as she was forced to meet the man's gaze. Under his serious gaze, she had no choice but to open her mouth.

Anyway, she had already lost all her face today, so she didn't mind this time...

The pill was so bitter that it caused her to swallow the wrong way. Xu Wanwan immediately grabbed the cup in her hand and gulped down several mouthfuls of water.