Chapter 19

"Don't worry, I'll help you."

After Zhao Zixuan said it with conviction, he pulled a waiter over and took out a wad of money from his bag. "Young man, do something for me, and this money is all yours."

After the waiter heard Zhao Zixuan's words, he turned to look at Xu Wanwan. A complicated emotion flashed across his eyes.

Xu Yue could not hold back her excitement and quickly asked, "Zixuan, what did you say to the waiter just now?"

Zhao Zixuan drank a mouthful of red wine and leaned over to Xu Yue, repeating what he had instructed the waiter just now.

Xu Yue clenched her fingers and excitement flashed across her eyes.

Xu Wanwan was in a daze. It was finally time for the waiter to serve the dishes.

She subconsciously shifted her seat and sat inside.

The waiter served the last dish on the table and brought a glass of fruit juice. He walked toward Xu Wanwan.

When he came closer, he took the opportunity when neither of them was paying attention to him. He tilted his wrist and poured a whole glass of fruit juice on Xu Wanwan's body.

"Hiss!"

Feeling a large chill spreading from her chest, Xu Wanwan immediately stood up and covered the wet area with a terrified expression.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I really didn't mean it!" The waiter apologized quickly with sincere eyes.

Xu Wanwan frowned, looked up at the waiter who had his head lowered, and said softly, "It's okay."

"Is this how you work?"Li Jingran looked at the wet clothes on the girl's chest and questioned the waiter with a dark face.

"Sir, I really didn't mean it." The waiter kept apologizing with his head lowered. "Please give me another chance, I'll take this lady to wash up."

Li Jingran was annoyed and said coldly, "Get lost."

The waiter quickly ran away. When she passed by Zhao Zixuan's table, he made an OK gesture.

Xu Wanwan clutched the soaked area with her hand and casually pulled out a few tissues to wipe it.

She was wearing a white short-sleeved shirt today. After getting wet, it was easy to see the traces of her underwear, so it was inevitable that she would feel awkward.

Therefore, after she was done with it, she didn't dare to let go of her position as she faced Li Jingran. Instead, she crossed her arms to cover the wet area on her chest.

Li Jingran's eyes darkened. He took off his suit jacket and covered the girl's shoulder.

He said in a low voice, "Button up your jacket. I'll take you back."

"I'll be fine." Xu Wanwan froze. Realizing that she might have ruined Li Jingran's mood while eating, she carefully explained, "Let's just eat first."

"I'm not eating. Come home with me," Li Jingran's brows were tightly knitted, and his attitude was particularly firm.

Xu Wanwan pursed her lips. Seeing that the man had a serious expression, she had no choice but to close her wide-shouldered coat and get up to leave.

As soon as she got up, she saw Zhao Zixuan walking toward her.

Almost instantly, she felt that something bad was about to happen.

Reality proved that her guess was correct.

The next second, a loud slap landed on her face, immediately followed by Zhao Zixuan's stern rebuke—

"Xu Wanwan, you fickle woman, you betrayed your fiancé and ended up eating here with another man. How can you still eat?"