8. Endure The Fear

✩☾ Endure The Fear ☽✩

All the selected players were instructed to go wait in the Headmistress's office for further instructions. They all made their way over as Umbridge proceeded in giving announcements to the other students in the Great Hall. Teddy shyly stayed in the back of the swarm of students keeping away from the millions of questions she knew was about to be thrown at her by her group of friends. Luckily, everyone was too busy speaking loudly about their excitement in being selected for this year's tournament. The only thought running through Teddy's mind was the horrendous select of words Umbridge had spoken quietly to her. Was she spiraling? Had it all been real or was she somehow trapped in the grasps of another nightmare?

Part of her wished that she had somehow never woke up this morning and it was all a figment of her imagination. She was too caught in her mind that she hadn't noticed that the group in front of her had fallen into a sudden pause in their steps as she ran straight into Adrian Pucey causing them both to stumble to the ground.

Adrian groaned and anger, "Who the bloody hell-"

His words trailed off as he turned to stare at the one girl he loved most and brutally betrayed try to stumble her way back up on her feet. He stared feeling a bit concerned as he could see she had a ghastly appearance across her face. She had dark bags under her eyes, and her cheeks were hollowed almost as if she had been skipping on meals. Teddy was the walking definition of exhaustion. He reached his hand up to grab hold of her wrist wanting to know what was wrong with her only to get in response an angry ginger boy grasping him by the shirt lifting him up.

Fred glared at Adrian practically fuming from the ears, "Did you fucking touch her?"

Adrian couldn't resist the perfect opportunity to piss off Fred knowing that he had feelings for Teddy way before he had even realized it himself. He had remembered the incident the two had that made it clear as day to Adrian that Fred was in love with Teddy.

It was the day after Teddy had caught him being unfaithful which he had still not had the chance to explain to her what had really occurred the night before. He had been drinking and was drugged to the point that nothing made clear sense. He could of swore the woman in bed with him had been girl he loved or perhaps that's what he convinced himself to believe.

He was off with Draco and his friends one afternoon around lunch hour. Adrian never really found himself liking the people in his house, but he found Draco bearable. The boys were all sitting underneath the big tree in the courtyard eating some sandwiches.

Draco teased, "Great going with fucking the wrong girl, Pucey."

Adrian had been tired of all the jokes and snarky comments about what he did. Typically, he'd be proud of himself, but instead he was met with the crippling grasp of guilt wrapped around his neck. Adrian sighed as he took a big bite of his sandwich not wanting to respond.

Blaise laughed, "Guessing Teddy's back on the market, aye?"

Adrian felt his jaw tighten, sickened by the thought of Teddy and Blaise being together or Teddy being with any other guy that wasn't him. He lunged towards Blaise feeling the enhanced rage boiling in his body as Draco held him back.

Draco laughed, "Bloody hell, you actually like her?"

Adrian shrugged as he rolled his eyes. The least he wanted was this to affect the reputation he had stirred up for himself since day one at Hogwarts. He shook his head at Draco, "Just another girl checked off the list, mate."