10. Hot & Bothered

Song Guide: Young and Beautiful- DH Orchestral Version by Lana Del Rey

✩☾ Hot & Bothered ☽✩
TW: Sexual Content

"Now presenting Miss Theodora Lupin accompanied by Mister Cedric Diggory."

Hearing her name be called felt off, she felt misplaced. Everything felt like it was coming to a blur, all up until her eyes met his. There was something about Fred's eyes that could make her forget about the whole world. His eyes always held a playful and flirtatious look, but in this instance his eyes were filled with pure adoration for Teddy's beauty. She had to bring her mind to think of other things to keep her from turning as red as a tomato from his intense stare.

Cedric gave her hand a squeeze preparing her to take their first steps down the stairwell. She felt herself finally taking a breath as she nodded towards Cedric, before they knew it they had reached the ballroom. They both bowed before the crowd of people. Teddy's eyes finally made it's way to the wizards and witches wearing high-end masks. Some masks were in the forms of animals whilst others had a beautiful pattern embedded with expensive jewels. So many people heard to watch them all compete in the Triwizard Tournament, the idea of it made Teddy's stomach twist. Why were so many of them interested in watching students compete?

Teddy and Cedric joined there housemates towards the farthest left as Teddy's eyes wandered over to where Fred was standing, his eyes still glued on her. She noticed a faint frown upon his face noticing that Teddy's hand was still looped around Cedric's arm. She smirked over at him knowing he was jealous, remembering the thought of playing hard to get crossed her mind as she turned to look forward avoiding his gaze now. The other Hufflepuffs made their way to join beside Teddy and Cedric.

They all waited patiently for the Ravenclaw's to be announced. Teddy could feel the uneasiness of Fred's stare burning right through her, but she didn't want to cave and give him the satisfaction of her looking back at him. She tried to steady her breath to not give him any idea that he's having any form of affect on her.

"Now presenting Miss Nora Nix accompanied by Roger Davies."

The perfect moment to have someone to focus her gaze on, one of her best friends. She applauded for Nora with the rest of the room smiling up at her. Nora's eyes scanned the room until they finally landed on Teddy and Cedric. Teddy waived at her as she noticed Nora's face change. It was a subtle change, but it was there. She wondered why her smile disappeared for the slightest second. Teddy followed her eyes to where her hand was on Cedric's arm, finally lifting her grip on him. She moved her hand away bringing them in front of her as the final players were announced.

"Now players please join us to commemorate this year's Triwizard Tournament in a Dance of Champions."

She felt someone grab her hand gently as she turned to look at Cedric who had knelt down on one knee kissing the top of her hand, "May I have this dance?"

As much as her body wanted to make contact with Fred's in a dance, she was committed in the idea of being difficult. She nodded her head giving Cedric permission. He smiled as he got up and placed one hand onto her back pulling her close, she felt the warmness of his hand on the parts of her back that was not covered by her dress. His other hand met with her right one as he held it softly in his, she placed her left hand onto his shoulder. He nodded towards her as they both were the first to start the dance. The candles in the room dimmed down leaving a few to radiate light over where the pair were making their way across the ballroom.

Teddy followed Cedric's every lead. They were both excellent dancers, one of the rare one's who had taken Professor McGonagall's ballroom lessons seriously in previous years. Cedric whispered to her, "Want to impress the spectators?"