17. Illuminate

Song Guide: Bellyache by Billie Eilish

✩☾ Illuminate ☽✩
TW: Gruesome Description & Slight Relationship Abuse

Regaining consciousness, Teddy looked at the faces looking down at her. Her vision still a bit blurred, but she was able to make out Ivy and Ron's face. Blinking multiple times until she could see clearly again, she could smell the stench of blood all around her. Feeling the urge to vomit, she sat up and let loose what was a mixture of blood and what she had eaten earlier that day. Feeling someone rub their hand up and down her back in a soothing way she turned to look up at Fred. Relief crossing across her face as she turned to burry herself into his embrace.

"It's okay, I'm here now."

Pulling away to look at his face, something was different. The look in his eyes, it wasn't the usual one he would always have for her. This stare was different. It was the stare she had once known before Fred, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it. He cupped her face pulling her in for a kiss. A kiss that felt so distant. It hadn't been any kiss she's ever shared with her lover. As they both distanced themselves with Teddy having a quizzical look on her face.

Before having a chance to further examine his face, Ivy had knelt down to look at Teddy. She saw the prominent sadness in her eyes, the pain she must have been feeling. She had lost her second father, the woman she loved, and almost her best friend too. Trying to speak without tears spilling out of her eyes she said, "I fucking hate hugs, but I need to hug you."

Teddy nodded as the two wrapped their arms around each other. Ivy's broken voice spoke into Teddy's shoulder, "I thought I lost you too."

Teddy felt herself choke up at her friends words, "Never."

She looked up at Ron's eyes that had been glossy. Noticing her stare on him, he walked away from the group. Ivy coming quick to let go of her friend having enough with physical interaction for those few seconds as Teddy made her way up to follow Ron.

"Ron?"

He shook his head as his eyes were glued on the wall in front of him. Ron's breaths were heavy as his chest heaved up and down aggressively from what Teddy could witness. She knew him too well. The many times she had been there for him whilst he had his silent panic attacks, that still till this day no one really had known about besides her and Molly. He kept a secret, not wanting to seem he was in any form weak. It's hard being one of the youngest of a family of 7 kids. Teddy stood beside him knowing he hated when people addressed his anxiety, so she waited until he was ready to open up. They both stood staring at the blank wall.

"You know I thought I was surely a deadman the second they had called my name yesterday."

She glanced over to him as he now held a serious face.

"Yet here I am, still having to bloody fight for my life..."

Her eyes moved back to the blank wall, trying not to let the tears flow out. Drifting her gaze down to her body as she had now suddenly noticed every inch of her was covered in blood. She winced at the memories that happened not too long ago, especially the thoughts she had about death.

Ron spoke again, "Then you,", his voice cracking, "I thought we lost you, and-"

The two looking at each other now with tears waiting for the moment to break the surfaces of their eyes. She laced her fingers through his as she held onto his hand tightly, "Ron..."

She couldn't finish what she wanted to say as her voice broke off. He gave her a soft smile, "I know."

She nodded her head towards him as she wiped the few tears, that had manage to break free, off her cheek. They both turned to join the other two who had been looking at them this whole time. Ivy looked up at the two, "We'll get out of this."