12. Lone Wolf

✩☾ Lone Wolf ☽✩
TW: Major Character Death, Gory Imagery

The players made their way to the front of the manor where two large green fields awaited them, one barricaded with a forest at the end and the other looking similar to a labyrinth. The students were greeted by Lucius and Narcissa, both cleanly dressed in black formal attire, a bit odd for the occasion. Narcissa motioned towards the greenery where the ending point was a deep dark forest, "Please, make your way over there, where you will be greeted by tonight's game host."

Teddy walked in the middle of her group of friends linked arms with Juniper. She could feel the excitement radiate off of her blonde friend beside her. The twins were walking closely behind the two girls as Teddy could feel Fred's stare from behind her pierce through her skin making her feel hot. Juniper glanced over at Teddy noticing the subtle color upon her cheeks. She teased, "Who's got you smiling off like that?"

Teddy tried to brush off her question knowing that the boys behind them could easily listen in. She squinted her eyes up ahead seeing a familiar face waiting up ahead for everyone. She spoke in a gasp, "Dad?"

She slipped her arm out of Juniper's pushing through her friends to run after her father who had a cheeky grin across his face. She ran into Remus' arms as he wrapped his arms tightly around his daughter. He smiled down to her, "Little wolf."

She smiled finally releasing her father, "Hi dad."

Voices echoed from behind, "Remus!"

Her father was quick to release her and greet Fred and George as she attempts to frown, but knew she loved her father's relationship with the twins, especially with Fred. The three enduring in a bear hug as she crossed her arms over her chest watching the greeting exchange. Her father asking the two how their parents were, and if they had girlfriends yet with the two falling short to words unsure what to say. Fred's eyes quickly meeting Teddy's as the two of them began to blush. Remus catching along Fred's stare as he turned around to look at Teddy as her eyes grew wide. As much as they were all considered family, her father knew Fred's unflattering reputation at Hogwarts especially with the females.

She remembers a day at the Burrow where it had been only her and her father sitting outside enjoying some fresh air as they watched the boys play before them. This was during the time she had no interest in any specific boy, but did have eyes on the cute ones at Hogwarts. Her and her father had a unique relationship, a bond she for sure didn't have with her mother. As much as she loved her mother, she always felt a form of rejection, perhaps because she was the baby both Remus and her never expected.

Teddy's eyes had been staring too long at one particular boy off in the field. Her father always following her gaze. He laughed, "Nope, don't you dare."

Teddy laughed as she brought her eyes to look at her father, "What do you mean?"

He knew his daughter too well, especially because they both shared the look. The look of being in love with a person that they haven't come to realization they had feelings for quite yet. She leaned her hands behind her leaning back as she brought her eyes up to the sky. Her father pleaded, "I see the way you look at him."

She asked still unknowingly, "At who?"

She didn't dare meet her father's eyes, knowing they would say too much of what she wasn't ready to hear of. He offered, "Why not Per-"

Teddy interrupted her father, "If you dare finish that sentence, I might literally gag."

Remus laugh knowing full well how much Percy and Teddy disliked each other. He rose his hands in defense, "Alright, but if you're going to fancy a Weasley can it be the better of them all? Maybe George?"