11. Night Terror

✩☾ Night Terror ☽✩

Nightfall engulfed the Malfoy Manor along with the terrors of the night. Everyone was sound asleep filled with angst of tomorrow's first game. There were subtle snores about the halls where the players slept, some speaking softly in their sleep. It was peaceful. Each one of them well-rested for morning's events.

Until the screams began.

The horrific cries filled the Manor in a quick wave as the wizards and witches were scared awake. The whispers began amongst themselves as some heads peaked out their door curious where the screams were coming from. Some of the girls grouping in one room terrified something bad had taken place. Terrified faces looked upwards onto the black stairwell as the screams bellowed downwards to them.

Scaling up the steps onto the fifth floor, the screams were the loudest.

"Teddy, it's just a dream! Wake up!", Nora yelled over her friend's screams.

Draco peaking his head through the door with the other players, "Bloody hell get her to stop, the fuck is wrong with her?"

Harry and Cedric ran through the door giving each other a familiar look. They both knew what was going on with Teddy. Nora desperately grasped onto Teddy's shoulders trying to shake her awake, but she was too far trapped in the grasp of a dark spell. The heaviest sleepers arose from the bed, one being Fred. He opened his door as his heart stood still seeing the crowd of people surrounding Teddy's room beside his. He urgently pushed through everybody trying to make his way into her room.

"Let me through, shit! Move!", he yelled over the crowd of students.

He pushed his way through the crowd in time to catch a falling Nora before she hit the ground. Nora smiled thankfully up at Fred as he helped her up while his eyes were laid on Cedric and Harry trying to calm Teddy down. Teddy was pushed against the corner of the room with her wand aimed at the two boys as her eyes were glazed over in a foggy white color, she had been bewitched. Tears streaming down her face as she yelled, "You killed them all! You bloody killed all of them. Everyone I loved, gone."

Fred patted Cedric and Harry as he walked in between the two towards her. Fred said in a gentle tone, "Smitten, it's not real. Love?"

He gently placed his hand over hers wrapped tightly around her wand. She cried, "They're all dead. They're all dead!"

Fred grabbed her hand aiming the wand downwards away from everyone. He cupped her face with his left hand wiping the tears painful tears away. Her fingers lightened around her wand causing it to hit the ground bringing her back into the present world. She gasped as she shook her head and blinked multiple times with confused to where she was and what was going on. Her eyes moved past Fred staring at the amount of people glaring at her. The silence was unbearable, but quick footsteps approached them all as the players moved out of the way.

Narcissa walked through wearing a black robe with curlers in her hair. She had her arms crossed as she approached Fred and Teddy on the other side of the room. She waved for Fred to step aside as she held up Teddy's face to investigate what had happened.

She finally broke the silence, "Theodora, what is the last thing you remember?"

Teddy shrugged as her eyes met Fred's for a brief second, "I was having a bad dream, that's all."

Teddy's stare caught the exchange of looks once again from Cedric and Harry, they knew something she did not, but she was too exhausted to plead to know what it was. Narcissa nodded as she squinted her eyes at Teddy. She spoke aloud for the group of students to hear whilst turning her head towards them, "Who was the first to find Ms. Theodora in this frantic state?"