20. Goodbye, First

Song Guide: Memories by Conan Gray

✩☾ Goodbye, First ☽✩

TW: Death of a Character, Gory Death

The wall closed shut in front of the two that remained alone. The lights began to flicker, the ground began to form small cracks. They had been officially been placed back into the game.

Teddy crossed her arms, "You didn't have to do that."

"Yeah, well. I was also not going to leave you alone to- Merlin knows what you'll be put through next."

The brunette girl watched Adrian's soft eyes, a look she hadn't seen in years. Turning away from the boy, she loosened the tension in her shoulders, walking around careful to not step on the cracks of the floor. 

"How are you feeling?", his voice echoed from
behind.

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Okay."

"Okay?"

Teddy paused in her tracks confused to why her ex was suddenly worried about her. Spinning around as she eyed the taller boy, crossing her arms in defense.

"What?", he asked her.

"What are you doing, Adrian?"

He shrugged his shoulders as he ignored the question. The taller boy placed his hands against the wall trying to feel for any loose ends or more so as a way to distract from the question. Taking a step forward wanting an answer, the ground beneath Teddy's foot formed even more cracks.

The two of them staring at where her foot rested as she picked it up to place in back where she had it prior. Adrian taking a step towards her was only met by the same fate. Retracing his step, he attempted to walk on a different spot, this time causing a ripple on the floor. "If it didn't work the first time... WHY WOULD YOU DO IT AGAIN?!"

"Oh, I'm sorry at least I'm trying to figure out how to get around whatever this shit is!"

"Ugh, you are such a... Wet Wipe!"

Adrian bursted out in laughter at the Hufflepuff's commentary, "That's seriously the best you got?"

Feeling the frustration boil the veins in her body, without thinking she attempted to march over to slap him only for the ground to cave underneath her feet.

Adrian dove, catching grasp of her hand as she dangled over an abyss of darkness. "Fuck, please don't let go!"

"Stop, squirming!"

"IF I COULD I WOULD!", Teddy cried out feeling her hand began to slip within Adrian's grip.

Adrian attempted to lift her back up, every move he took was another sound of the floor shattering. "Shit."

The moment of being near death is when time was decent enough to slow down. Teddy had escaped death that same night, and somehow it had felt as if it was trying to welcome her back in with open arms. The exchange of looks between her and Adrian was one that they both understood, his grip on her wouldn't last more than a few more seconds.

Adrian's green eyes had a sense of wanting to say a million words to her, but by the time he opened his mouth his hand lost touch of hers.

Teddy's screams filled the abyss of darkness, unknown where she was falling to and if this was truly her last few seconds of life. Feeling the rush through her hair and aggressively touch every part of her exposed skin, there was no hope that she can survive a fall like this.