3.- Shower

TW: talk about death, blood, panic.

Lupita wasn't sure what was more annoying, the teacher speaking in a monotone voice during the entire lesson up until now or the asshole behind her who was throwing papers at her head. She was just about to turn around and rip his head off when the teacher started talking.

"So, can anyone tell me how many packs we have today?" he asked in his normal monotone voice that showed he was just as uninterested in the subject as they were. "Caitlyn."

"There are 7, teacher," the girl in the front said in an annoying know-it-all voice. She had to be the most human-like werewolf Lupita had ever had the misfortune of witnessing, or maybe she was just a spoiled high rank.

"Correct," the teacher said and wrote it down on the blackboard. "Now does anyone know how many there were originally?... Caitlyn?"

"10, sir," she said.

"And what were the names of those three that no longer exist?"

"You have the Eclipse pack, the Harvest wolves, and -"

"The Blood Moon pack?" Lupita interrupted the girl. "But that pack is still out there."

"Have you been living under a rock these past 5 years?" a boy asked from the crowd.

"Now now, settle down," the teacher said and they all went quiet. "Clearly someone hasn't been present these past few years so I'll go over it."

Lupita straightened up, now actually curious.

"So, the ancient packs, (as we call them), were wiped out long ago. They were some of the most powerful packs in history and therefore it is a mystery why they disappeared. We know nothing about how the Harvest wolves disappeared. Some say they went into the mountains or that they all died out one faithful winter. The Eclipse pack was said to disappear after a sun eclipse 100 years ago... And then we have the Blood Moon pack..." the teacher didn't say anything for a while, looking like he was trying to remember.

"They say it was destroyed five years ago; that a monster tore the pack apart and scattered the wolves, making it impossible for them to reunite. The Blood moon wolves were one of the strongest werewolves in existence, they were the main protectors and politicians. Now it is the Blue Moon wolves who are. But, people say... that the monster that killed and destroyed the Blood moon pack is still out there... Just waiting for the next pack or tribe to feast on." He ended his little speech in a low voice, letting all the kids in the room ponder what he said.

Lupita looked down at the table and tried to conceal her expressions. She was the monster he was talking about. She had destroyed her pack that night 5 years ago. But... she didn't think she had killed that many. She didn't think she had destroyed her pack. She only thought they all ran away and hid away from her.

Had she really done all that?

"So!" the teacher said and clapped his hand, making Lupita snap her head up.

"Hey, are you crying?"

Lupita turned to look at Jazmyn as she heard her careful voice and felt a hand on her shoulder.

"No," she said and whipped her eyes, feeling her hand get wet.

The lesson continued, with Lupita doing her best to ignore Jazmyn's concerned gaze. The lesson didn't get any more interesting after the story and the teacher went back to his normal monotone voice much to Lupita's ears displeasure.

When they were dismissed, Lupita walked with Jazmyn in silence.

"What's wrong?" Jazmyn asked and placed a hand on her shoulder.