21.- You are bound to me

Lupita decided to go with John. After what Aoi said she didn't think staying in werewolf territory would be safe for any of them. Staying with humans wasn't the best either, as they were noisy beyond belief, but it was her best option as rouges would never think to attack a densely populated area. Many times Lupita had tried to block out the sound with either pillows or locking herself into rooms, that was until John offered a solution. He had given her a pair of headphones that blocked out all outside sound but she was still able to hear the sounds around her. She would definitely use these at school as they were slightly better than the ones Mai let her use.

Going to school was always something she was dreading these days. The days were long and tiresome. She would constantly get picked on, she couldn't fully understand what was happening in school or when she was talking with her friends. Even though she thought she knew English well, she soon realized how difficult it really was. A few phrases her friends would say made no sense to her, and when she tried to say something it would often be wrong. It became tiring after a while, and she resorted to talking less and less.

Everything was new. Everything was confusing. Especially her feelings towards the vampire. They didn't make sense in her head. She was supposed to hate her. Despise her. Want to kill her. And sure, she felt like that with every vampire that passed her, (especially that one teacher. There was something very wrong about him) but Ambrosia. With her, those feelings were dulled. The need to rip her head off only surfaced after being in the same room with her for an extensive amount of time. But those feelings would disappear after a simple touch from the vampire.

She had only sat next to the vampire a few times in these past few weeks and on those occasions, she had subconsciously been trying to be closer to her. The vampire seemed to be having the same problem but had more control over it and had gradually gotten colder toward Lupita. It hurt her to see the vampire purposely turn away when they saw each other, or when she would laugh along with the others when a snarky comment was made towards her. Lupita couldn't blame her though, as she had been no better. The mate bond and her deeply rooted hatred for vampires made her inattentive and distant whenever they had gotten the chance to talk. One side of her told her to stop stalling and claim the girl before anyone else got to do it, and her other side told her to kill her and the rest of her kind.

Today was an extra slow day, as it was only a few days until the new moon. This meant the whole werewolf part of school was extra irritable, slower, and weaker. This in turn meant that the other students became even more annoying. The only ones that seemed to have sympathy for the werewolves were the merfolk. Most of them were either in wheelchairs or walking around on crutches as the moon gradually lost its power.

Lupita decided that she needed to have a long nap in the forest after this. She would not be able to survive in John's house with how she was feeling at the moment. Having religious history didn't quite help her fatigue either. She had immersed herself in her pack's faith and she knew every last thing that the teacher tried to teach. There were quite a few holes and errors in the teacher's teaching, but Lupita had no energy to correct them.

The final bell rang and Lupita's head fell to the desk. She had no energy to pull it up and stayed with her forehead pressed against the cold wood.

"This new moon thing is really taking a toll on you, isn't it?" Jazmyn asked and scratched her back. Lupita only hummed as she forced her head up from the desk.

"I am jealous of you," she said and squinted at the halfling. Because of being half-human, Jazmyn felt almost no different than before. Lupita guessed she would feel more of an effect once the moon was fully gone. But Lupita still got jealous when her friend could so easily walk around as if nothing was wrong.