22.- Curse?

TW: Blood

Ambrosia POV

Ambrosia hadn't meant to do that. Her mind acted on its own and she didn't even know what she had done. She had found that collar near a tree while walking to this place. She wanted to bring it home and maybe search for the owner that had maybe lost it while going on a walk with their dog. Never would she have thought that this would happen.

Lupita was screaming as their blood mixed and flowed into the red gem at the front of the collar. Ambrosia wanted to try and comfort the girl but she was stuck in place, saying words she didn't understand and just staring as the poor girl screamed and cried.

It stopped suddenly. The collar snapped onto Lupita's neck as the girl fell to the ground and continued to cry. Ambrosia fell backward and looked at the slash in her hand. It was slowly starting to heal, but she realized it left behind a faint scar. When she looked over at Lupita, she saw that the werewolf was still bleeding, and trying her best not to look at it.

"What have you done!?"

Ambrosia looked up at the ugly vampire as she collected her thoughts.

"Have you any idea what you just did?! What the consequences will be?!" The man began to slowly walk over to her and grabbed her by the collar of her shirt.

Not even a second later, he was on the ground with a black, smoky figure above him. The man screamed and soon after a sick ripping sound was heard. As Ambrosia looked closer she saw the man's arm laying at his side. The creature above growled lowly and threateningly. The vampires around them all ran off while the ugly vampire whimpered pathetically under the big monster. The creature eventually got off him and he left in an instant.

Ambrosia breathed out, but her relief was short-lived when the creature turned to her. Piercing red eyes met her own and she got a good look at the monster before her. It seemed to be an all-black wolf, but it looked to be made out of smoke. Its features were barely noticeable, but she could make out the muzzle, and its pure white teeth. Smoke poured from its pure black fur and its paws made little to no indent as the beast slowly walked towards her. Ambrosia quickly looked around and tried to find Lupita but didn't see the girl anywhere.

The beast growled again and Ambrosia fell back down on her butt. The monster pounced at her and landed with its front two paws beside her head. It growled loudly in her face and Ambrosia closed her eyes, ready to meet her end.

But it never came.

As Ambrosia tried to calm down her body from the intense shaking, heavy breathing, and rapid heartbeat, she began hearing another set of breaths. Shaky breaths. Almost as if they had been... crying. She heard heaving breaths along with the shaky ones and felt something wet hit her face. She opened her eyes and saw Lupita in front of her. The girl's eyes were red and her eyes switched from blue to red. Her canines were out as she breathed heavily and stared at Ambrosia with hurt and anger. She lifted her arm and Ambrosia was expecting a blow to the face. A well-deserved one at that. But nothing came this time either. Lupita instead rolled over and began sobbing beside her while facing away.

Ambrosia quickly caught her breath and sat up. When she looked over at the werewolf she noticed her clothes were torn to shreds, but somehow still hanging on. A heat rose to her cheeks but she didn't think about it for long and tried to understand what had happened. She had done something to Lupita, something very bad, if the girl panicking and crying at her side. Ambrosia was starting to worry if the girl could breathe properly. What made the most logical sense to her was that she had performed some sort of ritual on her. Though what that ritual did, she didn't know.