11.- Crush

Lupita came over to Jazmyn and quickly crouched down in front of the girl. Her nose was no longer bleeding and it seemed like they had been able to clean off most of the blood, but it still looked painful. It looked somewhat deformed.

"Are you ok?" Lupita asked softly and brushed her nose against the girl's head. It was a common thing her parents had done to her both in human and wolf form when she was younger, but Jazmyn pulled back and stared at her wide-eyed while her cheeks slowly tinted pink.

"Y-yes," she stammered and then quickly pulled Lupita into a hug. Lupita didn't protest and hugged the girl back much softer than the girl was currently holding her.

"You did great by the way," Lupita said and pulled away once she heard Jazmyn begin to sob again.

"Thanks," she said while wiping her eyes and trying her best not to take sharp breaths through her nose.

"As promised I will go to your house," Lupita added after a while of the girl just sitting there and crying in pain.

Jazmyn only nodded and slowly stood up with the help of her friends while Lupita got distracted by a shiny thing on the floor. It looked very pretty in the light, but further inspection showed it looked more like a metal stick.

"What have you found, honey?" Elizabeth asked sweetly as Lupita looked up at her. She pointed at the shiny metal and Elizabeth pulled it out of the ground to reveal what Lupita recognized as a nail. A very polished nail. "Good thing you found this," Elizabeth praised and went to pet her head but she moved last second so her arm landed on her shoulder.

"She doesn't like it when you touch her hair," Jazmyn said as Elizabeth looked at Lupita confused.

"Chuta! I wanted to ask if I could touch it," Valeria said and dramatically fell with her hand over her forehead so North had to quickly catch her before she hit the ground. "How will I ever survive without knowing how fluffy it is?"

"What about my hair?" North asked with a smug smile on her lips.

"I think she is too occupied with pulling on it to realize how soft it is," Mia said and sipped something from a small box she held as if what she said wasn't as dirty as they all knew it was.

Both North and Valeria went red and quickly scrambled apart, though not too far and Val's tail quickly wrapped itself around North's waist.

Lupita stood up and began to stare off in the distance, not really paying attention to the conversation the group was having. It was something she often found herself doing. It was calming, especially in the forest where she had the sounds of nature all around her as she stared at nothing for hours. Now it was just a slight buzz in her ears as she looked around, her eyes falling on the figures leaving the field. A small pit formed in her stomach as she watched them leave. Or rather, watched her leave.

"Ok, please stop this," Elizabeth said, bringing Lupita back to the present as she looked at the group in front of her. "Jazmyn, we need to get you home, sweety. Your nose isn't looking good."

"It doesn't feel good either," Jazmyn joked and went to take a step but she was clearly exhausted and almost fell face-first into the ground had Lupita not caught her and lifted her up so she had her arm under her knees and the other on her back.

"Take it easy," Lupita said and adjusted her slightly so she would be more comfortable. Jazmyn let out a little yelp but ultimately relaxed into her hold and leaned her head on her shoulder.

"Bye everyone," Elizabeth said and began walking after she placed a careful hand on Lupita's arm and guided her to go with her.

"Bye," everyone else in the group exclaimed as they continued to walk. Lupita felt Jazmyn wave before she settled back down.