5.- History

TW: talk about war and war, slavery, and a whole lot of other messed up war stuff.

They walked out and Lupita was immediately embraced.

"Are you ok?! Are you hurt? Did they do something to you? Did they give you detention? Did you get expelled? Did Jack shout at you?"

"Stop! Too many words!" Lupita interrupted and looked down. Of course, it was Jazmyn.

"Sorry, I forgot," Jazmyn said but barely pulled away from the hug. It wasn't uncomfortable at all, which Lupita found very strange.

"She got detention after school," Elizabeth said and Jazmyn pulled away. It left Lupita feeling weirdly cold. She didn't like it.

"What do you have to do?" Jazmyn asked and looked at her mother then back at Lupita.

"I have to show up to the... what was it called again?" Lupita had never been good with what things were called in English, they were all weird.

"Gym hall," Elizabeth helped and Lupita gave her a small smile.

"Well, first day and you end up in a fight... still better than my first day," Jazmyn said and took Lupita's hand and began dragging her away.

"What happened on your first day?" Lupita asked.

"I do not want to talk about it," Jazmyn answered and kept dragging her around until they reached a classroom where Jazmyn led her to two desks where they sat down beside each other.

They were in another classroom and another teacher stood in front of them. He was tall, pale, and had a rough black beard.

"Ok class, today you will learn a little about your history with the vampires. We just have to wait a few minutes for our next teacher to arrive and then we will start the lesson." He talked like he was awake and ready, but at the same time exhausted, a telltale sign he was a vampire.

"Why do we have two teachers for this subject? And why do we have two history subjects?" Lupita asked.

"This is the specific history between us and the vampires. We have more history with them and it is important we learn. We have two teachers because the founder of the school thought just having one would make the class biased. We have seen some live arguments this way," Jazmyn answered and took out her books.

"What does 'biased' mean?" Lupita asked and tilted her head.

"It means that... you only hear one side, and then you only hear the bad or good side from that person's perspective. And if the person wants you to hate the other side, they will tell it in that way and try to get you on their side. Do you understand?"

"Yes, thank you," Lupita nodded and looked back to the front as a new teacher stepped in. He was also tall, almost taller than the vampire. He had messy, fluffy, blonde hair, a big beard and he was wearing a tank top that showed off his muscular arms.

"Sorry, I'm late. Had a little trouble," he said in a low, gruff voice. Definitely a werewolf then.

"Let us get the class started then," the vampire said and gave the man a dirty but kind look. How was that even possible? "Now, who remembers in which year the great war started?"

That know-it-all girl raised her hand and Lupita did as well, just to piss her off.

"You, in the back," the vampire said and pointed at Lupita. She could smell the anger seeping out of the girl.

"1583," Lupita said confidently. She had learned about this in her old pack.

"Correct," the werewolf teacher said, she just now realized they never introduced themselves.