4.- Lunch fight

Shoes were the worst. Jazmyn had almost forced Lupita to wear them and they were itching her skin. How could humans walk around in these?

They were on their way to what Jazmyn called the "cafeteria". Apparently, they could get food there.

"Do you have any money?" Jazmyn suddenly asked when they were in front of two doors.

"No," Lupita said but checked her backpack to see if she had anything. She only had a few coins, she doubted they would give her anything.

"I can get you something. What do you want to eat?" Jazmyn asked and opened the doors to the room. It was weird. There were many long tables and people seemed to be sitting in groups, mostly grouped by species.

"Anything with meat," Lupita answered and covered her ears at all the noise that was immediately made known when Jazmyn opened the doors. Her nose was also bombarded with thousands of different smells, some more pleasant than others.

"I'll get that for you," Jazmyn said and gave her an apologetic smile. "If you go over to that table over there -" she pointed at a table where Lupita could see the faerie boy and mermaid from before sitting -"Mia will most likely have something for you and I will be sitting there." Jazmyn patted her back and walked away.

Lupita looked after her and then reluctantly walked over to the table where her friends sat. She didn't want to make any friends, and especially not faeries.

The table went silent when she sat down; her hands still covering her ears. The only two people at the table eyed her suspiciously over their food.

"Who are you?" the girl asked with a thick accent.

"Jazmyn told me to sit here," Lupita answered.

"Why are you covering your ears?" the girl asked and pointed at her hands.

"It is very loud in here," Lupita said, irritated.

"Oh!" she said, way too loudly, and reached into her bag. "I finally have a use for these." She pulled something black out of her bag and handed it to Lupita.

"What is that?" Lupita asked and looked at the weird thing. She had seen humans wear them before, but she never knew what they were.

"They are headphones," the girl said and forced them down on her head.

The "headphones" covered Lupita's ears and the sound around her was immediately silenced. Lupita sighed out in relief and leaned back.

"Ey, worked?" the girl asked and gave her a weird nod.

Lupita just nodded.

"I'm Mia, and this is Aoi," Mia said and stuck out her hand.

"Lupita," Lupita said and cautiously shook her hand.

"Spanish?"

"From Norway."

"But the name is Spanish."

"My parents were weird."

"Or maybe they were just Spanish."

"They weren't."

"Getting along?"

Lupita turned and saw Jazmyn come over with a tray in her hands.

"You could say that," Mia said and smiled.

"What about you Aoi?" Jazmyn asked the faerie boy who had been quiet.

"She seems cool," he said absently and picked at the food on his plate.