9.- Kitsune

TW: slight mention of homophobia

Lupita walked out of the class with Jazmyn beside her.

"I hate school," she said and ran her good hand through her hair making a few paper balls fall out.

"You willingly signed up for this," Jazmyn reminded her.

"I didn't think it would be this bad. Sure, maybe a few slurs or fights, but the teachers are making every lesson boring! And not to mention that one ASSHOLE! that keeps throwing papers on my hair," Lupita said and shook away all the small paper balls that were stuck in her hair. Some were wet and she cringed.

"Your hair looks so fluffy," Jazmyn said and raised her hand to touch it.

"No touchy!" Lupita said and softly smacked her hand.

"Ow," Jazmyn complained and held her hand.

"That didn't hurt," Lupita said but took her hand in hers nonetheless just to check.

"It didn't," Jazmyn said and quickly ran her hand through her hair.

"Hey!" Lupita said as she quickly pulled back and stood on her toes so Jazmyn wouldn't reach. Once she knew she couldn't she touched up her hair.

"It's so soft!" Jazmyn squealed and was about to touch it again but Lupita put a finger on her forehead so she would stay back. "Come on!"

"No," Lupita said firmly. "But can I touch your hair?" She had been intrigued by it since she first saw it. It looked like ropes on her head. No one in her pack had it, most likely because there were very few with dark skin like Jazmyn. She only knew of one of her pack members that was like her, but she kept her hair in braids.

"Sure," Jazmyn said and Lupita carefully ran her hands through her hair. It was difficult because it was very thick. "They are called dreadlocks."

Lupita hummed and took one strand in her hand. "They look like ropes."

Jazmyn snorted before she laughed. "They do," she said and smiled at her. "Never seen them before?"

"Only at glances but never this close," Lupita said and let the strand fall.

They continued to walk through the corridors towards lunch. Their last class had been almost at the other side of the school, so it would take a little while to get there. While they were walking, Lupita suddenly felt something brush against her hand and she looked down. Jazmyn's fingers were cautiously brushing against the back of her hand.

Lupita raised an eyebrow before she took the girl's hand. It almost disappears in her own. Cute.

"You know you can just say you want to hold my hand, right?" Lupita said as Jazmyn looked up at her.

"Ok," Jazmyn said in a small voice which wasn't like her at all. She slowly inched a little closer until they were almost walking on top of each other.

"Clingy much?" Lupita joked while smiling down at the shorter girl who just rolled her eyes but placed her head on her shoulder as they walked.

They eventually reached the cafeteria and Lupita prepared herself for the sounds that would come.

"Mia will have headphones for you. I will follow you to the table and then get us some food," Jazmyn said and opened the door. The sounds and smells immediately washed over her. She heard a few people talking about a test, then her nose caught the scent of a very sweaty boy, then her ears would focus on someone else, then her nose. Her eyes would switch from table to table, never being able to stay in one place. Her wolf was threatening to come out. This was too much. This was...