25.- Blind

TW: tiny bit of swearing, and panic attack

This was all unfair. Ambrosia didn't even know what she had done, yet everyone was mad at her. Bela had nearly yelled at her when she had taken her away from the living room but maintained a low voice so Lupita wouldn't hear. She talked about how Ambrosia now had to take responsibility for the werewolf. She didn't say much else about why since she didn't know much herself. But she was mad. Really mad. And when Gulterio came he didn't seem pleased either but he seemed a bit more understanding than Bela.

Ambrosia now sat in silence at the table while eating breakfast. She didn't really need to eat, but it was comforting in a way that she still could. Bela and Gulterio were sat in front of her waiting for her to finish. Once she did, they all sat in silence.

"We need to talk about this," Bela said her eyes fixated on Ambrosia. "What you did was awful."

"I didn't know what I was doing!" Ambrosia shouted, defending herself. "I couldn't control myself. One second I was watching everything unfold and in the next, I was surrounded by magic." Bela was nodding her head while she spoke and Gulterio was sitting in silence while his arms were crossed over his chest.

"I know honey, but you did what you did, and you need to take responsibility for it," Bela said in a soft tone. Gulterio turned his head to his wife and cocked an eyebrow. "What?" Bela questioned when she saw his look.

"She doesn't know what she did," he began and unfolded his arms. "Why should she be punished for it?"

"Do you even know what she did?" Bela questioned with a stern look. "She collared the girl. And this has happened to the poor thing twice." Bela was dangerously calm, but slowly losing her cool.

"That doesn't mean that she needs to take responsibility for the wolf. What will the people say when they find out? She is trying her best to stay out of trouble, not get into more," Gulterio said, also calm. Ambrosia didn't understand how they did it. "She just turned, she doesn't need all of this. Not to mention we will all get in trouble when someone finds out about this."

They were all silent. Ambrosia could feel her weak heartbeat as she sat in silence and listened. The two adults were staring at each other, their eyebrows drawn together. Ambrosia felt uncomfortable in her seat as the atmosphere in the room turned sour.

"Why don't we just reverse it?" Ambrosia said. It was a question she had been pondering for a long time. The two adults turned to her and she shrunk in her seat. "Like... I just take off the collar and we reverse whatever curse or spell I used?"

Bela shook her head and gave Ambrosia a sad look. "Sadly it doesn't work like that," she began and looked at Gulterio who also nodded. "Binding a werewolf was something vampires did in ancient times. It was meant to be unbreakable. And it is. Only a few people know how to reverse it and even then it isn't completely accurate. How she got out of her first one I am not sure. But you should ask. Bring your friends with you, they might know something. Especially MJ."

Ambrosia didn't answer but started to take out her phone to call her friends. She wasn't even able to press the first digits when the door slowly opened and in stepped MJ and Rowan.

"Sorry," MJ said with a small smile as they walked over to the table after taking off their shoes. She walked up to Ambrosia and hugged her from behind. "We were walking by after you didn't call us to say you came home safely after everything. I guess we know why now." Ambrosia cringed and covered her face with her hands.

"Did you bring the mutt here?" Rowan asked and was promptly hit over the head by MJ. He could have caught her hand, but he didn't.

"She brought the girl home, yes," Bela said as she stood up and opened the fridge. "There will be no such language in my house Rowan." She gave him a stern look before handing him a pouch of blood and handing a small milk carton to MJ.