8.- Rogue

The light shone brightly against her eyes and she shut them tighter.

That had been a wonderful memory, and she remembered it so clearly. Also, her father never fully got to finish his story that day, she had been too tired. The whole next day was spent explaining how Luna became the mother of all werewolves and gifted them the mate bond so they could find happiness like she did. It had been wonderful.

Lupita carefully opened her eyes after thinking she had enough time with them closed and looked around. She was laying in some sort of hut on top of a blanket, in something that looked like a hut. Where was she?

It took her foggy brain a good minute before she finally remembered what happened yesterday. And when she remembered, she was less surprised when she saw the faun stretching out on the other bed. But Alexander wasn't there.

"Morning," the faun said and sat up one ear laying flat against their head and turned inside out.

"Where is Silas?" Lupita asked.

"He is probably out hunting or doing something else," Karri said and went over to the pot from last night after straightening out his ear and shaking his head to make sure everything was right in place. "He ate before he walked out at least."

Lupita sat up with the help of her hands and hissed when pain shot from her wrist. She had forgotten about it.

"Don't move it," Karri said and hurried over to her to examine her wrist. "You can't be moving it around that much, preferably not at all but I know you have school today."

Lupita didn't ask how they knew and instead tried her best not to stare at the faun's exposed chest. She had heard about people like this before. Born in the wrong body but knowing that they were and having people treat them how they presented themselves. Lupita knew of one person like that in her pack. She was born male but luckily their heeler was able to help her. Her wolf was also female so people didn't treat her any differently.

"Could you maybe not stare at my chest?" Karri asked in a small voice and Lupita's eyes shot to their big brown ones.

"I didn't mean to stare," she said as they walked away.

"It's fine," Karri said and came back with her backpack. Lupita took it and quickly checked that she had everything and saw that she had a few books in it. How did those get there?

"I don't think you are an abomination or anything like that. I don't think you are confused or a... what is it that these English people say?" Lupita wanted to reassure the faun she didn't think badly of him.

"It's fine, really-"

"It's not fine. I have seen people that treat people like you awful. And why should they when you are no less a living, thinking being with feelings like them?" Lupita asked.

Karri just stared at her for a second, and in the next Lupita found herself enveloped in a hug. She had never hugged a faun before, (mostly because some of her pack actually hunted them). Their skin was incredibly smooth and he felt so delicate. Lupita also caught the wonderful sight of their tail wagging excitedly back and forth along with the feeling of his ears flapping against the side of her head.

"Thank you for saying those things," Karri said and pulled away from the hug quickly before Lupita could even hug him back. "And I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable with not covering them up."

"First, you shouldn't be thanking me for something this basic. Everyone should think like this. Second, I don't care at all. If I could, I would be walking around like you, but I can't because of the weird humans and other people here."