Pre Game

Coach said after my Ordeal last night I should sit out of the Iceland game but that is not happening. I came here to play hockey and I'm going to play hockey. Dwayne kept asking me if I was ok all morning, the whole team did. I mean it was nice they cared but please I'm fine....right? But I had to put that aside we had a game and it was going to be tough Iceland is the best in the league right now we're hopefully going to change that! We got to the locker room and we were all really excited. Except Dean and Fulton they looked pissed, then coach walked in. He looked like he had been rained on "Coach are you wet?" I asked pointing to his hair "nice hair ya get two pairs of pants with that" avermen teased "come on guys leave it alone" coach pushed us away and Dean and Fulton walked over to him annoyed. I pulled my jersey on and took a deep breath. "Hailey you still up for playing" Bombay asked me "yes coach I'm playing in this game" he nodded "alright" he patted my back and left the room "anyone else nervous" Connie asked "yep" we all said except Julie "I won't be playing" she pouted "Julie you'll get on the ice I know it you'll be the reason we win it you're the best goalie" I encouraged "HEY" Goldberg whined "oops" I shrug and everyone laughs as we make our way to the ice we were not ready for what was about to happen we were going to get out asses kicked. We took to the ice and i immediately noticed the boys who had tainted me last night they were practicing checks and they all had black eyes and one of them you could see a visible bruise on the side of his face. I smiled and hurried over to Dean and Fulton "which one of you bruised his face and thank you" Dean smiled Fulton laughed "his bruised face. That was Dwayne" Dean said pointing to my boyfriend angrily glaring at the iceland team. Dwayne wasn't one to get angry often "Holy hot cowboy." I whispered "what?" Fulton asked. Shit "nothing I'm good" I say and coach called us to the bench "Ok team this is going to be tough but I know we've got this and we're going to do well!" He put his hand in and we stacked them "USA" coach cheered "ALL THE WAY" we threw our hands in the air and the starting line took their places.