Chapter 2

(Take Me Home Tonight By Eddie Money)

Emerald's Pov

"Can you stop messing with me?" I spoke as I stuck my head out of the car window and looked back at him.

He was standing at the trunk, his hands leaning on the car.

"Em, I'm not messing with you. The tire blew, I don't know what you want me to do." He responded and I rolled my eyes.

"So change it then." I shrugged and he laughed, walking over to the passengers side where I was sitting.

I pulled my head back into the car and he stuck his head in.

"Hand me the keys, please." He said, his face, inches away from mine.

I leaned over and took the keys out of the ignition before facing him and dropping the keys in his hand. He stared for a couple more seconds before patting the car door and standing up straight. He unlocked the trunk and started taking things out.

"What are you doing?" I asked, sticking my head out of the car window again.

"I'm changing the tire, so I can at least take you home." He responded and my heartbeat picked up.

"We can just wait for the tow truck, or someone to come and fix it." I tried to protest but he rolled his eyes.

I got out of the car and went around to the trunk.

"How can I help then?" I asked not wanting him to be out here at ten at night changing a tire, alone at least.

"Sit there and look pretty. I mean how hard can it be?" He shrugged and I laughed at him before sitting on the ground.

"What the hell." He mumbled once he got back into the car.

I turned to face him and smiled. It's now eleven. It took him a whole hour to do this, and it was funny. I got the tire off more than he did, safe to say, I carried. He started the car before starting to drive again.

We are still about thirty minutes away from home. We were at a friend's birthday party. She was turning eighteen, it was a fun party, but I felt like I didn't exist the entire time.

There were so many people there. It honestly terrified me. That's why we left early. He could tell that I was getting uncomfortable and scared, so he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the house.

I started to fidget with my keys and I shook my head, trying to get myself out of my thoughts. He turned the music up once he noticed that I was being a little panicky.

He set his hand on my hand, not taking his eyes off the road. I messed around with the bracelets that littered his wrist. Overthinking about things was my strong suit, even if I didn't need to.

Now I was overthinking about the fact that I'm going to get yelled at for being late. Yet my aunt literally told me to stay out all night and live my teenage years the way I wanted to.

I opened the window about an inch because it was still cold out. I just wanted fresh air. Once we stopped at a redlight he changed radio stations and looked over at me. I smiled once he smiled.

The amount of passion and happiness I felt when I knew that I was the one that made him smile, should be illegal. It should be so illegal. I really need to get my license. That hit my head as soon as he took off down the street after the light turned green.

"Em, wake up, we're home." He shook me gently.

I opened my eyes back up and saw him leaning down in front of me. His hand reached over and unbuckled my seatbelt. He grabbed my hands and pulled me onto my feet.

I followed behind him slowly, he stayed holding my hand the entire time. I kicked off my shoes and walked up the stairs, him now following me.

I opened my bedroom door and laid right on my bed, not caring about changing, not caring about anything. I was too tired to deal with anything.

"Em, at least get changed, you know that you will regret this in the morning." He sat down on my bed next to me and I shook my head.

"Goodnight." My voice was muffled because my face was smashed into the pillow.

"Em-" He tried and I groaned.

"Bye!" I said, I didn't hear him leave, but I did feel him get up.

Next thing I know, clothes were put next to me and he plugged my phone into the charger. He turned off the lights and turned on my fan.

"Goodnight Em." He whispered and I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

I was too tired to say anything back. I heard the door to my room close and I soon fell asleep.

833 Words