Chapter 10

(The Boys Are Back In Town By Thin Lizzy)

Emerald's Pov

"Are we there yet?" Victoria asked from the backseat.

I turned around and faced her before slapping her face lightly.

"If you keep asking that, I'm going to knock you out." I spoke after she winced.

She's asked that almost every five minutes. Safe to say I wanted to kick her ass. She was being very annoying.

Plus she kept talking about the guy she had sex with last night, mind you, i did not want to hear it. Every word that she said made me want to explode on her.
Lauren soon pulled over and we switched spots.

Victoria was scrolling through her phone and I was trying to get the headache that was forming in my head to go away. The closer we got, the more snow I noticed was on the ground.

And once we were five minutes away i showcased that i was happy on the outside, but on the inside i was fucking terffied. I noticed my hands starting to shake as I turned down the road that I used to love being on.

"We're here!" Lauren shouted before getting out of the car after I parked.

Victoria followed her, before the door to my house opened. Aunt Mel ran out, everyone following behind her. And yet I found myself looking for him. June was jumping up and down, Josie was punching him and telling him to stop.

As I opened my door I noticed the blonde haired man that brought me back. The real me. And he was right, I did just throw him away like trash. I stepped out of the car fully and yawned.

"And hello Boston, I did not miss you." I smiled as the cold hit my skin.

"Emmy!" June ran over to me and collided with me, causing me to stumble.

I laughed as I hugged my brother. He was taller, way taller, and he had more muscle on him. I am so going to make fun of him and tell him he looks like a dog's leg.

"Hey, I thought you said that you wouldn't miss me?" I joked and he hit my head lightly.

"You look so different! You've changed!" Josie squealed, running over to me with a smile on her face.

"I haven't changed." I scoffed and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Move, Move." Ciara pushed both kids aside and I hugged her tightly.

The blonde haired male studied me while I did so. He looked like he was taking in every inch of my skin and every hair on my body to see if I was still the same girl that threw him away years ago.

Once Ciara stopped hugging me, Aunt Mel hugged me. God did I miss this all. Teddy, the dog that I have yet to meet, Luke's dog, ran right outside. Josie called him over and Teddy sat right down in the snow.

"Aren't you adorable?" I reached my hand out and ran my fingers through his fur.

"Oh! This is Victoria." I introduced them quickly, and noticed how she was smiling at the guys.

"Is Aryia here?" I asked, and Aunt Mel nodded.

Famous Brother, Famous Cousin. Listen, I'm tired of being around famous people. After what Luke said too, I feel like I've been living in the shadows of other people more now. But, everything that happened that day was my fault. At least I'm self aware.

"He's sleeping." Aunt Mel rolled her eyes with a smile on her face.

She missed her son. I nodded my head and everyone started going inside. I went around to the trunk of my car and I started taking bags out. Victoria was talking her head off with June.

You could tell that he wasn't interested in anything she was saying. Lauren grabbed her bags and followed everyone in. She didn't have a family, which was another reason why she moved with me, I was really her only family. And we aren't blood related, but she still saw me as family.

I took my bags out, and grabbed victorias before closing the trunk.

"Do you need help?"

I turned around and faced the guy that I threw away all those years ago. I opened my mouth to talk, but nothing came out. I couldn't bring myself to speak. His hair was longer, he had an eyebrow slit.

He crossed his arms, causing his shirt to run up. I felt my breath stop but I shook my head, trying to get every thought out of my head. I thought the feelings left, but I guess that they never did, because what I'm feeling right now isn't friendly. I'm feeling so much adoration.

"Em, this doesn't have to be awkward unless you make it." He said with a knowing smile on his face.

"What if I want to make it awkward?" I joked as he grabbed my bags.

I rolled Victorias, this girl better thank me for this.

"You do you, Em." He shrugged and I looked around my house when I stepped inside.

"I always do me. Following everyone else is just boring." I shrugged and an expression I couldn't read came across his face.

I finally feel at home again. I let out a breath and walked upstairs to my room and he followed slowly behind me. I put my keys down on my dresser and laid back on my bed, dropping Victoria's bags straight onto the floor. Luke set mine down and I sat up. He turned and started to walk out of the room.

"Hey?" I called out and he turned around.

"I'm sorry."

No words needed to be said after that for him to know what I was talking about. His smile dropped and I watched as he folded his arms. He leaned against the doorframe of my bedroom. I felt the nerves creep up, and I didn't know how to deal with it.

"Don't worry about it, Em. I just hope you still don't act like you did. I'm not going to say it's okay though, because it wasn't okay. I wasn't okay." He said and I nodded my head in response.

"I don't act like that anymore... I was hanging out with the wrong crowd, and I overall wasn't myself. And I know it wasn't okay, so I don't want you to forgive that."

"I mean this in the nicest way possible, I just need to be honest right now. Even if you thought it was okay, I still wouldn't forgive you."

1100 Words