Chapter 20

(Feel Something By Jaymes Young)

Punz's Pov

I sat on Emerald's bed as she packed her clothes, getting ready to leave tomorrow morning. She was wearing my zip up jacket, and I don't even think she noticed she put it on in front of me. She stopped rushing around her room, pulling the jacket closer and taking a minute to breathe.

I was not prepared for her to leave tomorrow. Not after I just got her back. It would only be a month more until she came back. Her graduation is in five days, her competition is in seven, and her moving out would be in... ten days.

I know Em was stressed and sad. Aunt Mel, and June can't make it to her graduation, June flew out to San Jose back to training for his upcoming game, Aunt Mel couldn't get off for work. Safe to say, Em was sad and she was stressed. They would have to watch both her graduation and competition online.

"I think you've done enough packing." I spoke as she looked around her room for more things to throw into her bag, which already had enough trouble being closed. Em turned to look at me, and I smiled.

She walked over and laid on her bed. I reached out my arm and ran my fingers through her hair.

"I can't believe I'm doing this again. Plus I have to do a six hour car ride with Victoria." She rolled her eyes sitting up to look at me.

"Hey, it will all be over before you know it, and then you'll be right back here." She smiled before laying her head on my shoulder.

"I'm gonna miss you, Sunshine." Deja vu creeps up into my mind, and I feel nervous for what is to come when she leaves.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Em." I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close, because I want to stay in this moment with her. She makes me feel at home. I can't imagine how hurt I'm gonna be once Em leaves, again.

"It will go by fast." She assured me, but it was almost like she was trying to tell herself that it was going to go by fast.

We laid there all night, I stayed awake, not wanting to miss a single minute together. I'm gonna sleep for days once she leaves. When the sun finally started to rise, Em started to wake up. Her phone alarm went off, and she groaned. She sat up, turning her alarm off, before coming back to lay with me.

"You have to get up." I spoke, my voice quiet.

Em sat up, leaning her arms on her knees as she held her face in her hands.

"Over before you know it." I rubbed her back as she sat there.

I stood up grabbing her bags, putting them in the car while she went to wake Victoria and Lauren up. Once I started to walk back inside, my mother and Josie walked in. Em walked down the steps and into the kitchen where we all were. She laid her head on my back and I laughed.

"I have wanted you guys together ever since I gave birth to you and found out that Emmy's mom was having a girl." My mother laughed and I rolled my eyes. Lauren carried her bags down the steps, taking them out to the car before coming in, and making a cup of coffee for the road.

"Emmy, are you okay with driving first? I don't feel so great." Lauren asked as she grabbed the aspirin from the cabinet.

"I'll be good." When Victoria came down with her bags, put them in the car, and stayed out there we all knew it was time to go. Emerald hugged her Aunt, and the tears started to form in her eyes.

"I'll be watching you, Emmy. I'm so proud of you." Aunt Mel then had tears of her own form in her eyes.

This was even harder than the first time. Josie jumped on Em's back laughing.

"Come back super quick!" Josie kissed her cheek with a smile on her face.

"For you? Always." Em said and both the girls laughed. My mother hugged her, whispering something in her ear, and I stood there, hands in my pockets as she turned to me.

Tears ran down her face as I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. Holding her head on my chest as she cried. I blinked the tears away in my eyes. I couldn't cry, I had to be strong for her.

"Text me if you need anything, Em."

"Always, Sunshine." 

780 Words