Chapter 3

(Disconnected By 5 Seconds Of Summer)

Emerald's Pov

TW - Mentions Of Blood

"I swear, hurry up, Em! I'm gonna be late!" Juniper shouted from the bottom of the steps.

I grabbed a hoodie laying around and jumped off of my bed. I completely lost track of time. I ran down the stairs and got into the car with Aunt Mel and June.

We called Juniper, June, because he doesn't like his name that much. Can you tell our mother was obsessed with green? I crossed my legs in the backseat and put on my seatbelt. Aunt Mel started driving and June was incharge of the music.

I stuck in one of my headphones and drowned the world out a bit. My muscles were hurting from practice and I was about to go right back to the place I practiced. Screw hockey.

Once Aunt Mel pulled into the parking lot, June jumped out of the car and ran into the building. People split apart so he could get by. Groups of girls chased him, and the guys either said hey to him, or gave him death stares.

Aunt Mel and I waited a bit before we got out of the car and went inside. I pulled the hoodie closer, and the strings tighter. Aunt Mel walked in front of me and I followed slowly behind her.

"Hey! Your Juniper's sister right? Can you give him my number?" A girl stopped me and I looked down at her.

I was like almost a foot taller than her. She had her hair in a high ponytail and was wearing a skirt with a crop top. It's like forty degrees outside and like twenty inside. I looked at her and tilted my head before seeing Aunt Mel turn around.

"Emmy, get over here!" She called out lightly.

The girl stuck her hand out to hand me the paper, which I assumed had her number on it. I turned away from her and walked over to my aunt. She let out a sly smile when she saw the girl strom off. She opened the door and I walked in.

"Ciara and Josie should be in the normal seats." Aunt Mel said and I nodded, following behind her.

"Emmy!" Josie ran towards me with her arms out.

I hugged her, she was a couple years younger than me. June was a year older than me. I sat down next to Josie who was sporting green, in honor of both of our brothers.

I hate how June was on the same team as him. It only made me feel more. And it made me upset because I knew how badly he didn't want to play hockey as a profession anymore. Somethings people just grow out of, and that's okay.

The teams broke off to their respective sides. I stuffed my hands into the pockets of the jacket that I realized wasn't mine after pulling up the hood. Cheering started to consume the entire stadium as the red team (our team) and the yellow team (other team) took the ice.

Hockey was somewhat interesting, but it wasn't my favorite. One of the only good things was the fact that I could skate just as well as them, or better than them.

"Come on Luke!" Ciara shouted while standing up.

He turned his head to face us and waved at his mom, with an evident smile on his face. This man was a momma's boy. Once he stopped waving at his mom, he turned his attention to me and I practically froze.

He pointed to his heart and then his jersey. I rolled my eyes and laughed. His jersey number was 16, that was my favorite number. And he picked his number like that, just because he knew that it was my favorite number.