Chapter 12

(Best Day Of My Life By American Authors)

Emerald's Pov

I tossed and turned. It's one am, and I can't sleep. I scrolled through my phone and saw a text on my phone.

Sunshine
I guess it's time I unblock you

Em
I guess it is

Sunshine
Why are you still awake go to sleep

Em
can't sleep going on a late night drive though

Sunshine
I'll meet you outside then

Em
WHat?

Sunshine
"WHat?"
I said what i said

I grabbed his jacket, which is my jacket now. And my comfort jacket. I slipped on shoes before looking at the floor, and seeing Victoria asleep. She was asleep on an air mattress.

I grabbed my keys and walked downstairs. I opened the door and turned around to lock it. Once I was done locking it I went to turn to go to my car. I collided with him, and went to let out a squeal. He covered my mouth with his hand and I quickly quieted once I saw that it was him.

"Jeez don't scare me like that!" I protested quietly and he laughed.

"Be quiet." He looked down at me.

Did I shrink or did he grow?

"I feel like we are teenagers sneaking out again." I said trying to hide the growing smile on my face.

"That's exactly what we are doing." He shrugged and I noticed the new bracelets that were on his wrist.

He wasn't wearing any earlier. What changes anything now? Maybe it's the fact that we are on good terms again, or maybe it's because he got bored of being basic again.

He was always basic when he didn't wear bracelets, thank god he brought it back. I felt his breath on my face and I slowly looked down at the ground. I stepped to the side and cleared my throat before walking down the driveway.

"Whose car are we taking?" I asked and saw him look over at mine.

"We can't really take mine because my niece straight-piped it, and we are trying to be quiet." My face shot over to his when he said that sentence.

"Josie had a daughter?" I asked with a shocked expression and he laughed.

"One of my internet friends. We are all like siblings so she's like my niece." He shrugged as I unlocked my car and got into the driver's seat.

He opened the door and got into the passenger's seat and adjusted the seat. I turned the radio up to drown out the tension that was in the car, which worked by the way.

I turned onto the main road and he cracked his knuckles, something I used to hate, and still somewhat do. But that's a part of him.

"Em, please move so I can crack my back." He lightly picked up my head from his shoulder and twisted his back around.

I cringed as he cracked his back, he laughed when he turned around and saw my face.

"I hate you." I mumbled and he rolled his eyes.

"I love you too, Em."

"You still do that?" I spoke through my gritted teeth.

"Of course, I'm a gamer, I have to." He shrugged and turned down the radio.

"How is that going?" I asked, feeling the nerves creep up my stomach.

"It's alright." He mumbled so quietly that I almost didn't hear him.

His phone had a bunch of notifications on it and I brushed it off.

"If you're asking if I'm still in the spotlight-" He started and I parked the car in a parking spot.

"In the nicest way possible, I don't care if you're in the spotlight, just don't let me in your shadows again." I said before opening my door and getting out of the car.

I closed my door and started to walk inside. For us solving whatever we needed to, it sure is awkward. I heard his footsteps behind me and soon he was walking right next to me. My hair was blowing around and I kept pushing the fly aways back. I looked over to him and saw him staring at me.

"What are you looking at?" I questioned as we walked into the building.

"This girl."

I rolled my eyes and turned behind me to look at the person he was looking at. I watched as a person walked down one of the aisles.

"Not her, are you crazy?" He rolled his eyes when I started to walk down the same aisle as the girl.

"You suck." I crossed my arms and I started to walk farther away from him.

"Em!" He shouted quietly as he started to chase after me.

I held in my laughter as I ran around the store. I ended up losing him and I hid behind the toilet paper. Classic. I scrolled through my phone and I heard people walk by but I stayed where I was.

"Em?" I heard a voice call out and I smiled, biting my lip to stop my laughter.

"Emerald?" He spoke in a serious tone.

Em
you're getting warmer.

"Em, this isn't funny." He chuckled as his phone pinged.

He opened his phone and looked around, I covered my mouth with my hands and let out a small laugh.

"Em-" He started walking over to where I was before a worker cut him off.

"Excuse me sir, do you need any help?" The worker asked and I tried to hold back my laughter.

"Nope I'm good. Actually. I lost my kid, do you think you can help me?"

I opened my phone and started videoing the interaction.

"Sure, where did you lose them? Also what is their name?"

"Emerald, and in the clothes section." The worker started walking away and once the worker was gone I let out a loud laugh.

972 Words