Chapter 16

(Midnight Rain By Taylor Swift )

Punz's Pov

I walked upstairs and locked myself in my room. Josie and Em went into her room. Josie's room and mine are separated by a wall, so when Emerald started crying, my heart started breaking. I sat up against my headboard and could hear almost everything they said. Closing my eyes as I lay back, the comfort of my silence.

"Emmy talk to me, what's going on?" I heard Josie's muffled voice.

"Victoria for a while was a good friend, but once Lauren decided she was going to train her, Victoria acted like everything was a competition." Emerald's voice filled the silence of my room.

"With being popular, are grades, to our other friends, and now my ex? It's just so stupid. I went away to college to get away from people like her." Josie laughed at the last sentence and I felt myself smile.

"I just wanted to make my own name." Emerald's cries were muffled and I could hear my sister tell her it's okay.

"Emerald, you did make your own name. You made your own name when you left, when you were here, and when you go back to college to graduate, you'll be making your name then too."

I'm sure you love the spotlight, since you missed it when you were in your brother's shadow throughout the entire highschool years.

Regret filled my veins, but I feel as though I shouldn't be feeling it. Emerald and I's relationship was toxic. We both needed to grow up. She needed to learn what she was doing wrong, and I needed to know what life was without Emerald.

"And everything that went down with your brother is resurfacing in my head. Every time i look at him, i just feel like a terrible person-"

I hope you regret it Emerald Emrani, and I hope you realized how much I fucking loved you.

I relived the memories and I felt my heart sink. I opened my eyes and looked up at my ceiling.

"That's something you have to talk to my brother about. I know how much you two loved each other, how much you will always love each other." Josie chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"There will always be a part of my heart that always beats for your brother." I felt my heart pick up and I smiled.

"There will always be a part of my brother's heart that will beat for you, Emmy."

I hope you realized how much i fucking loved you.

My phone rang, which filled the silence of my quiet room. I heard the two girls quiet down.

"Hello?" I said into my phone, putting it on speaker and booting up my PC.

"Hey man, i wanna say thank you for earlier." I heard Nick's calmer voice speak to me this time.

"I'm always here for you, just how you were always here for me." I chuckled and Nick laughed on the other line.