Ch. 2

Quick little note: Above is the ballgown you are wearing (yes you have that just lying around), however feel free to use any other ideas you may have. Also here are some hairstyles if you would like to use them:

 Also here are some hairstyles if you would like to use them:

Y/n pov

Y/n pov

I woke up and it was the day of the ball. At first, I thought it was some weird dream, but when I was the letter on my nightstand, I knew I couldn't have been dreaming. I looked at the time: 9 a.m. I had plenty of time till I was picked up.

I got up and went through my morning routine, went to the bathroom, fed Buddy and let him outside, scrolled through social media, and finally, ate. After a couple hours of sitting around and playing with my dog for a bit, it was 4 p.m.

I put on some undergarments to wear underneath my gown and did my hair. After a bit longer, I put on a lavender colored gown. I don't remember when or why i have it, but it's a good thing I did have it. I then put on a matching floral bandanna to once again cover my ears. You may be wondering why I do this, and let's just say I'm a bit self-conscience of them and afraid of getting bullied. I don't see why I don't tell you, since you are me. Guess you'll just have to find out later. I also put on some nice dress shoes. I got a small purse together for me to have just in case.

After a bit more, it was finally time to go. It wasn't much longer until Error came to get me. he came through the same glitchy portal, only this time he wore a mainly black suit with hints of red and blue, along with a golden color around the edges.

"Are you ready t-to go, m'lady?" he asked with a little bow. I nodded and we walked through the portal after I told Buddy goodbye. Once we walked through, I saw many other skeletons. They all looked similar to Error, only less glitchy and most of them were white or an off-white color. I noticed a large throne, and on it seemed to be another skeleton, he had four or five tentacles on his back and looked very goopy. One eye socket was covered by this goop, while the other had a cyan eyelight. he wore a fancier suit than Error did along with what seemed to be a crown with a moon shape on it.

Once he noticed me, he came down from his throne to greet me, however I was still a bit nervous about how they knew me, along with the fact that I was meeting knew people, er- skeletons, i guess?

"You must be Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Nightmare, king of this place," He stated taking my hand and giving it a small kiss.

"It's nice to meet you as well," I answered in a small voice, "I do have one question however, why was I invited? I saw on the invitation this was to recruit more members of your team, but uhm, w-why me?"

"Error had found you in the AU's files. he read that you had some kind of magic, is that correct?"

"Yes, that is correct."

"Well, the reason we are trying to find new members is to stop, or at least calm down my idiot of a brother. You see, my brother is the guardian of positive feelings, while I'm the guardian of negative emotions. My brother is trying to spread positivity throughout the multiverse. The problem with that is if there is no balance between the two, then the whole multiverse could collapse on itself. Do you have any questions so far?"

"No, that all seems to make sense. And I have heard of the whole alternate universe theory. But, from what i have learned about it, wouldn't the same happen if there are too many universes in the multiverse?"

"Yes actually, and that is what Error takes care of for the most part, with help from the rest of us of course. He is the god of destruction, destroying any unwanted or unneeded AUs. However, on my brother's team, there is Ink, the god of protection. He is the same as my brother, in a sense that he doesn't seem to understand that balance is needed."

"So too many AUs are being created at one time, and he tries to stop Error from destroying the AUs that need it, also causing unbalance." I concluded.

"I see you are smart as well, yes. That is why I'm seeking recruitment. And if you accept, you will get your own room here in the castle, and since you are a female human, your own bathroom as well for your needs."

I thought for a few moments, it's not a bad deal, I would be helping the multiverse in a way, and I wouldn't need to really worry about money or anything, which would help with quite a bit of stress. Then I spoke, "As long as I'm able to have my dog stay here as well, I accept your offer."

"And I'm fine with a dog as long as he is well enough trained and doesn't bother me when I'm busy," he smiled. "Now," he said holding out a hand, "care for a dance?