Ch. 4

I had just finished putting everything away. Thankfully the room was fairly large so i was able to get Buddy's things as well. I had just finished when I heard a knock at the door. I opened it to find Horror.

"Hey, Boss wanted me to show you around the castle before dinner since the others are busy," he stated. At least he got to the point, I guess. I nodded and closed the door behind me.

He started to show me around the castle. It actually didn't take all that long, but he did know where he was going. We were walking back to the dining room when Horror and I got a text (They already gave you a new phone to use). We stopped to look at our phones. Horror's face lit up and grabbed my hand, "Come on! Dinner's ready we can't be late!" he said excitedly. I gigged as he ran the rest of the way to the dining room, dragging me behind him.

Once we got there, he let go of my hand and we sat down, "Horror you're just like a big puppy dog!" I said sitting down between him and Killer, giving him a bright smile.

His cheek bones grew a slight red tint to them, "Uh, t-thanks." He seemed almost as if he had never received a compliment before.

I looked around the table, Nightmare of course was at the head, next to him sat Error and Killer. A skeleton wearing mainly white sat next to Error and Dust was next to him. Then Horror and I were across from them. At the end of the table across from nightmare, was another skeleton I had yet to meet. He wore a lot of red and black clothes, and the hood of his jacket was really fluffy looking. He had one eyelight that was red, just like Horror's, and pointed teeth, one of them being gold.

Everyone had started grabbing and eating things that were placed on the table. While eating, Killer poked my shoulder, "Hey Y/n, have you met everyone yet?"

I shook my head, "No not everyone. I don't know the one with the pointed teeth or the monochrome looking one."

Killer laughed a bit, "The monochrome one is Cross, the other one is Fell. Fell doesn't always stay here since he has his brother to watch over. That's why you didn't see him earlier. Horror sometimes has to go back to his brother as well." I nodded in understanding. I wish I had family to go back to or to visit every once in a while. "What about you, y/n?" Killer spoke up again.

"H-huh?"

"Don't you have family or friends back in your AU? Do they know you're here?" Killer questioned.

"O-oh, um. Well, I don't really have a family, not anymore. I've been an orphan for a while. And as for friends, I've never really made any cause o-" I almost gave away something I swore to not tell anyone. They are monsters, so they might understand, or be nice about it. No, I can't take any chances, "I was always more focused on my studies and that."

Killer gave me a sympathetic look, "Aw, I'm sorry you had to go through losing your family, Y/n. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us have lost our families, too, or just never had any," he smiled a bit trying to make me feel better. After a bit he changed the subject, to... video games? I've heard of them but never really played any before. He seemed a bit baffled by this, so he swore that he would play some with me sometime. Eventually, Dust came into our conversation, saying he would beat us in no time.

The night went on as did the conversations. However, once I was done eating, I had to head to my room to feed Buddy. Horror said that he would walk with me, and we talked all the way there.

Once in my room, Buddy gave me another one of his signature hugs, "Hey, Buddy, you ready to eat?" He gave a small bark in reply. I allowed Horror into my room as long as he promised not to eat the dog, which he promised. He sat on the bed as I went to Buddy's food.

Once I came back. I saw Horror and Buddy on the floor, Horror giving the shepherd a belly rub. Once Buddy saw the food, though, he got up as I set it on the floor for him. Horror looked a bit upset that this had happened. I went over to him and pet him on the head a bit, which he leaned into, only proving more that he's just a big puppy. He smiled at the interaction, and it continued until Buddy was done eating, to which the dog came between us. Horror looked quite hurt by this but realized that he had to leave. He went out of the room, saying goodnight on the way out, and closed the door.

I looked back down at Buddy and gave him some more pets, "I hope I can get to know the others more as well tomorrow. I am glad that Horror was so nice to you though. How about we get ready for bed now, hm?"

I grabbed a clean pair of clothes and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

Nightmare pov (Takes place when you all were eating dinner)

I sat quietly while eating. I much preferred listening in on the other conversations, it helps to stop fights from happening out of nowhere. I started listening to the conversation Killer and Y/n were having. Something told me that there might be something we don't quite know about her, something that might be important.

"What about you, Y/n?" Killer spoke up.

"H-huh?" she seemed as if she was lost in thought just a moment ago.

"Don't you have family or friends back in your AU? Do they know you're here?" Killer questioned.

"O-oh, um. Well, I don't really have a family, not anymore. I've been an orphan for a while. And as for friends, I've never really made any cause o-" she seemed as if she was about to give a different reason than she ended up saying. Her emotions had seemed to drop, though her emotions seem to not quite match up all the time. I've noticed at some moments her emotions are more negative or she seems more cautious, but she looks so happy, "I was always more focused on my studies and that." quite the lie if I've ever heard one, something tells me there is more going on than it seems with this new recruit.

Killer gave some sympathetic emotions after hearing that, "Aw, I'm sorry you had to go through losing your family, Y/n. If it makes you feel any better, a lot of us have lost our families, too, or just never had any." he replied.

Eventually their conversation moved on, but my thoughts were still on Y/n. She was smart, nice, innocent, and trusting, yet it's almost like she's hiding something.

After dinner, most of them had left, "Error could you walk with me?" He looked at me with a questioning gaze. Then he nodded and we left the room, starting to walk towards my office, which is just about across the castle from where we are now. It will give us plenty of time to talk.

"Have you noticed anything... strange or interesting about Y/n?"

"Well, they're quite powerful from what I can detect, but I'm guessing you're referring to Y/n and Killer's conversation from earlier?"

"This is why I made you my right-hand man, you can read me like a book," I joked and nodded.

"Well, it seems like she made up a lie on the spot. I'm guessing there is something she is hiding?" I nodded confirming his suspicions.

"It would probably be best to keep an eye on her. We are able to trust her, she seems too naive to try and go against us. but we need to get her to have complete and full trust in us if we're all going to work together. Tell Cross or Killer about this too, could you?" he nodded and teleported away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the next chapter, I'm going to let you guys choose who you want to get to know first:

Vote here for Cross ->

Vote here for dust->

vote here for Fell->

Vote here for Horror->

Vote here for Killer->

vote here for Nightmare->

Vote here for error->

I'll give the voting about a week, depending on how many votes one character gets though, I may update it sooner. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and have a lovely day my lovelies!