Ch. 13

You sat in your room with Buddy laying in your lap, your back against the door. You were just sitting there in fear. You didn't know what they would say to you, there was a number of things they could say, but you didn't want to know. With your luck, they could say mean, horrible things like your old bullies did. While Buddy was able to help calm you, it could only do so much. 

You heard a soft knock at the door, to which you said nothing. You didn't know what to say or even who it was. 

"Y/n, you ok in there? You're kinda making everyone worry." The voice you heard took you by surprise. You expected if anyone would come see you it would be someone like horror or Nightmare, but this voice didn't belong to either of them. It was Dust. 

This seemed unreal to you. You didn't really think he trusted you much, if at all. you started to worry that he might be making fun of you, but then why would he ask if you're ok? You didn't quite understand it. 

"Hey, if you're worried about what everyone thinks of you, just know it's not any different than before. If anything, some of us probably think higher of you now." He continued after you didn't answer him. You felt some weight be put on the other side of the door, which must have been from Dust leaning up against it. "Y'know, you've been, in there for a couple hours. Could you at least come out, so we know you're ok?" You stayed silent again. you hadn't even realized how long you stayed in your room for. "Well just know, I'm gonna stay here until you come out. Whatever else you've been scared of telling us, you're able to. We won't judge you. We could even tell you about our past, those who are comfortable with it anyway. But if you think we hate you, we don't. Heck, killer is damn near about to cry if he hasn't during the time I've been here. Yeah, you're kinda weird, but we all are if you haven't noticed. None of us would even think twice about it. We still want you here no matter what. Also, you better come out soon, cause talking to you through a door is bringing back a lot of memories for me." 

You thought about his words for a moment, feeling more tears spill out of your eyes just when you thought they were done hours ago. You got up, causing Buddy to get up as well and turned towards the door. you thought for a moment, deciding on what to do. 

You decided to open the door, seeing a hooded skeleton sitting in front of it, turning around slightly. He stood up and gave you a small smile. He held his hand out to you. You put your hand in his as he led you to the throne room, where the others still were. 

You both walk into the room to see Cross, Horror and Killer sitting around Nightmare, the three of them either on the verge of tears or already crying, with Nightmare comforting them. Error and Red stood off to the side a bit, both looking mildly worried. Upon entering, Nightmare looked up to you and smiled slightly then looked back down at the three skeletons sitting on the ground in front of him. 

"Wh-what if she hates us? Did we say something upsetting? I don't want her to hate us!" horror said crying into the throne a bit as Nightmare continued to comfort him. 

"I don't think so. Besides, if she was upset with any of us, would she come out of her room?" Nightmare answered him, averting their attention to you. 

When the three look at you, they immediately jumped up and practically tackled you into a hug, "Y/n!"

You gratefully gave them a hug back, feeling your fears washing away in the process. The four of you all seemed to break down crying as you felt tentacles surround you all, nightmare joining in the hug. Soon everyone, except Error, had joined the group hug. Instead of hugging, Error wrapped his strings around you lightly. you couldn't recall a single time where you felt safer than now. You knew they would protect you no matter what and would never hurt you.