Ch. 17

We have all been training extensively for weeks. Error has been in charge for the most part since Nightmare has been busy making sure we were prepared and ready. A few days after he had made the agreement with Dream, he told Error to make sure we all trained for at least an hour a day, though we have gotten one day of rest per week. I, however, still spent those days either training or reading. I knew that I may be powerful, but I wasn't as skilled in combat as the others were. This battle did not allow for mistakes.

One of these rest days, I was in my room after having just had Cross help me train some more. I sat at my desk with various books, some from my personal library and a few from the bigger one within the castle. If I was honest, I didn't want either side to win this. I should want our side to win, but the outcome would not be good either way. If Nightmare or Dream die, then the whole multiverse would only feel one, positivity or negativity. The best solution would be a tie, but I wasn't sure how or even if that would happen.

I was looking through a spellbook, there had to be a spell in here that could help. I stopped suddenly upon seeing a spell. It wasn't the kind of spell I would have thought of trying, but a plan already formed in my head. If this plays out right, then it might just work. I grabbed a piece of paper and quickly wrote the spell down, then rushed out of the room to find Error.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in my office looking some things over. I had been checking in with our allies and informing them of the upcoming battle. It's been a lot of work to try and make sure everyone was prepared, but luckily Ink was actually being helpful.

Speaking of which, Ink suddenly burst into my office, not seeming to care what he had just disrupted. "Dream, you got a letter. I don't know who it's from, I just found it and it had your name. I almost forgot to bring it to you!"

He held out an envelope to me and I took it, looking down at my name written on it. It almost looks like it was written in a hurry.

"Thank you, Ink. I appreciate it."

Ink leaves without any other acknowledgment and I open the letter. The only writing on it was that of a spell, no note or any indication of who wrote it. I didn't recognize the handwriting either, though it's not like I've grown familiar with any one person's handwriting, there were only a few. I looked over the spell a few times, soon realizing that this spell might help us. I think I might just know how I could use this in battle. Whoever sent this was trying to help us win.

.

..

...

..

.

I wonder if it was the elf...