Ch. 7

You awoke, went through your daily routine, the usual... If you consider living with skeletons usual. You went to the dining room for breakfast, Buddy of course tagging along. It was a normal breakfast, eating, giving Buddy some food, conversation. Killer then tapped you on the shoulder with his normal smile on his face bigger than usual.

"Hey Y/n, how about you hang out with me today? We could play video games, talk," He then mumbled something you couldn't quite hear before continuing," whatever you wanna do!" He beamed. He seemed to be practically praying for you to say yes.

"Sure, I don't see why not," you replied. The cheerful skeleton seemed so happy with your reply.

Killer quickly finished eating and made conversation while waiting for you. Once you were done, he jumped up and grabbed your hand, quickly dragging you to the living room. he sat you down next to him in front of the TV and got the system ready.

"What do you wanna play? We have Minecraft, Mario Kart, Super Mario Bros," he trailed off, listing the various games they had, which was surprisingly a lot. You had chosen Mario Kart. You weren't really sure how to play, you didn't have much experience with video games in general. You might have played once or twice, but you don't remember much from it. Though, Killer was happy to show you what all the buttons do.

After a while of playing, Dust and Horror showed up wanting to play too. Killer wasn't very happy with this, he wanted to spend a day just with you. You on the other hand were happy the others wanted to join and hoped to get to know Dust better as well. He seemed like he kept to himself, besides with Horror or Killer. And often times you could see something following him, and usually he talked with it as well. You were a bit curious.

After a couple hours had gone by, Dust and Killer had won most of the games. You all would often times switch between Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. You really enjoyed playing both games. Horror would often times let you beat him, because both he and Killer thought it was adorable how happy you got when you won. Killer didn't do much to stop you from winning either. Dust on the other hand was merciless. (He was just happy Error wasn't there too, or else he would have his ass beaten by the glitchy skeleton.) He would rarely let anyone beat him, Horror and Killer often complaining about him winning so much. You didn't really mind it though. You weren't one to be too engaged in competition, you preferred things to be much more peaceful.

Eventually, Horror left to go eat and Dust ran off to who knows where, leaving you and Killer alone again. You played the games for a while more before just sitting on the couch talking. Killer was telling you of some of the many pranks he had pulled on the others. You really enjoyed hearing how close they all are. You'd never really known any real family before, and the fact that they were all so welcoming to you made you feel more at home. You began to wonder, however, how they would have reacted if they had known the truth. What will they do when they do find out? Would they still be as kind as they are now? Would they hate you? Would they-

"Y/n!"

You had spaced out so much that you didn't hear Killer calling your name. You look away from the wall you ended up staring at to see Killer looking at you with a worried expression. "Hey, are you ok? I almost ran to get Nightmare, you seemed kinda off."

"Oh, no, no. I'm fine," you said cautiously.

"Is your bandanna bothering you? You were messing with it quite a bit."

You, being worried it was out of place at all, quickly checked to make sure it was still in place, which it thankfully was. "No, just a little itchy is all!" you reassured. I hadn't realized it, was I that out of it? you thought.

"Alright, you're sure everything is, ok? You can tell us anything y'know."

He seemed so trustworthy, you could tell him, couldn't you? You were about to reach to take off the bandanna, but something stopped you. You were afraid. What if he hated you afterwards? You didn't want that to happen.

"Ya, everything is fine. What were we talking about then?"

Killer gave a slightly disappointed expression but continued to tell you stories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Meanwhile~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You o-ok boss?"

Nightmare looked over to his glitchy companion. They were in his office discussing future missions and on making sure Y/n was trained enough. "It's nothing to worry about."

"Does it have to-o do with Y/n?" Error asked, only to end up being correct. Sometimes Nightmare wondered if Error could read his mind.

"If you must know then yes. I'm getting worried, her emotions were... different."

"What do you mean?"

Nightmare looked towards the door and thought for a moment. He cared very deeply for every one of his group members, and they all trust him with their problems. He wanted Y/n to feel the same. "Her emotions seem to have a 'dip' every now and then. Killer felt worried around the same time as well."

"Couldn't you just read her mind t-to find out-t what's wrong?"

"Just because I'm known as a 'bad guy' doesn't mean I want to invade someone's privacy unless needed. As I told you before, I want her to find trust in us. I'll only try to figure out myself only if it gets too be in the way."

Error simply nodded and they continued to discuss plans. Nightmare just hopes it doesn't get worse. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it took me so long to get a new chapter out. I've rarely had motivation for anything lately, not to mention I'm going through exams this week. I'm hoping to update more regularly over the summer, and that goes for most of my other stories as well. 

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed! Only Dust, Red, Error, and Cross left! Also, some possible training and missions with one or two of them!