Ch. 8

You woke up and quickly realized one thing: it's your first training day. Today is the first day that you will get to train with all the others, and you were excited. You've never really seen the other's powers yet. You basically knew they could teleport and such, but you wanted to know what else they could do. You also haven't used your magic in a long time either. It's not like you use them on a daily basis or anything, so you might be a bit rusty.

Either way, you were excited and quickly got out of bed. You went through your usual morning routine and quickly made your way to the dining room, leaving the door open for Buddy to wonder around. You're not sure how much of the castle he's seen, probably less than you have, which you wouldn't say it very much. Though, he mainly just followed you to the dining room, only sometimes stopping to look elsewhere.

Once you arrived, along with a few others, breakfast was sat out and everyone began eating. You mainly stayed silent while others talked since Nightmare looked like he had something to say. And by that observation, you would be correct.

Nightmare cleared his throat to get everyone's attention, "As you all know, you will be training today, and Error will be supervising for me. You all will be in your normal training pairs except for Cross, who will be training with Y/n." The others seemed to look at him with shock.

Killer was the first to voice his thoughts, "Boss, you sure that's a good idea? Not that Cross wouldn't be careful, but he is also kinda strong, shouldn't we go easy on her? I mean just look at her," he grabbed your face by both sides, facing Nightmare," She's too cute to get hurt! Why doesn't she train with me or Red instead?"

Nightmare raised his hand before anyone else could protest," I'm very aware, but just because her Lv. is low doesn't mean she's weak. If I need to change anything I will, but this is what it will be like for today. I don't want to hear anymore objections. Do I make myself clear?" Everyone nodded. You didn't seem as worried as the others. I mean, Cross might be strong, but it's not like you'll die in training. That would just be silly. He would probably go easy on you anyways.

Now that you think about it, you never really got to know Cross. All you knew about him was his name, and you learned that from Killer. He seems pretty nice, but you also think that about most people until you do see them do something bad. You'll find out soon enough, and maybe you could talk to him more later as well.

Once you were all done eating, you followed the others to the training room. It looked a lot like a school gym, a big, open space, with some mats laying out here and there. There seemed to be some dents in the walls too, not many, but enough for you to notice.

Error took out a pen and notepad from what looked like nowhere (though he probably just teleported it), "Alright, go-o ahead and start whenever." He sounded like a teacher who didn't really care about his job. Pairs walked to separate places to begin, Red and Dust, Killer and Horror, leaving you to follow Cross.

When he stopped walking, he turned around to you before talking, the first time you probably ever heard him speak, "So, uh, I can try to start off easy for you if you'd like, and if you'd like me to make it more difficult I can, I just figured since this is your first time..." he trailed off. He seemed very nervous; he was probably afraid he would hurt you which you can't really blame him. You have been described as fragile before, so it didn't surprise you.

"Sure, that sounds fine!" you beamed. You were still excited to start. You've never fought with your powers before and kinda wanted to see what you could do with them.

You both walked a bit away from each other to begin. He then summoned a big knife, practically a sword but not quite the same, you thought you saw something next to him at that moment. You grinned and readied yourself. You had a few tricks up your sleeve yourself.