Ch. 10

You awoke and went through the same, usual process, but something felt different. Once you were ready, you stepped outside your room to see Error. You were a bit taken aback, since you hadn't really talked with the skeleton much.

"Boss-ss would like to-o see you in-in his-is office after breakfast," he stated quickly. After which, he teleported away without another word. You were a bit baffled by the interaction, but headed to the dining room anyways, Buddy staying behind this time.

After breakfast, the others talked with you for a bit before you went to Nightmare's office. You were starting to get worried as to what he might want to see you for. The closer you got, the more anxious you were. You were really hoping it wasn't something bad, but you couldn't help but think you did something wrong. Your mind was trying to find any reason for why you would be in trouble.

You soon enough reached his office and gently knocked on the door. You heard a come in and took a deep breathe before opening the door.

Once inside, you saw Nightmare sitting at his desk, as well as Error standing close to him. "There's no need to be so worried y/n, I've simply called you here for a 'mission.'" You felt yourself relax, glad that you weren't in trouble. "You and error will be going to one of our allied universes, mafiatale, and simply checking in. I would send you with one of the others, but they need to check in with our other allies and, since this will be your first 'mission,' I'd rather not send you alone. Error is the only other option."  

You nodded and quickly after error opened a portal, ushering you inside. Once through, you looked around. It looked just like a normal city, not too many people though. It could just be a not-so-busy part of the city. 

After a minute of walking, you both made it to what looked to be an abandoned warehouse. You walked inside to see a couple monsters, one of which was a tall skeleton, similar to one you've seen before in your universe. The skeleton looked at the both of you with an unreadable expression, then walked away. You had a bad feeling about the place. Not just the building. Since stepping through the portal, everything felt a bit off. 

The tall skeleton came back with a shorter one, very similar looking to the ones you now live with. He looked at you and Error, nodding to you both, "Nice to see you, Error. Who's the new girl with you?"

"This is-s Y/n, our new recruit. Nightmare has sent us-s both t-to check u-up on-n you all. There isn't anything you need help with, is-s there?" Error replied. The conversation had begun to make you feel uneasy. This was an ally universe, was it not? You thought you should feel safe here, and by the looks of it, Error felt the same thing. 

"Actually, we do need your help with something, could you both follow me?" Error nodded and you followed suit. You were led to some back rooms of the warehouse, where it was significantly darker. It was so dark, you could barely see Error, let alone anyone else. You saw Mafia, guessing based off the AU name, seem to text something on his phone that you couldn't see, only seeing the light of the phone and some typing. 

Suddenly, you felt someone grab you from behind, covering your mouth before you could say anything about it to Error. You felt a random, weird burst of happiness before calmly falling asleep...

~~~~~~

Error burst into the office, clearly startled and also looked as if he had been recently attacked. Nightmare gave him a confused look, and also a worried one, ushering him to speak. 

"She's gone, they took her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two chapters in a week! My motivation is clearly up. And oooo~ weird sudden plot twisttt. Anyways, I'd like to thank everyone for leaving comments, I probably wouldn't have any motivation is it was for all the fun and sweet comments you guys leave! I gotta say though, I really hate writing Error's dialogue, I might end up going back and changing it if I get annoyed with it enough. 

Also, I wanted to ask how you would all feel if I made a side chapter of incorrect quotes or something? I feel like it would be fun to write, and maybe something fun for you all too!