Chapter Eighteen

LENA'S POV

Now assuming the identity of Sacha Hoffman,  i find myself  in a bewildering new chapter of my  life

. The staged fire incident, meant to end my life, instead forced me into hiding, far from the French territory i considered as  home. With my presumed death, I  gain an unexpected chance at a new beginning, albeit under the shadow of my past and the constant threat posed by the  Johns. 

 Sacha Hoffman is not just a change of name but a complete overhaul of my identity. Now , born  on November 10th, 2001, in Las Vegas, United States ,  i have no choice but  adapt to this fabricated backstory, ensuring my safety and the protection of my friends. 

The private jet journey that ferried all of us away from our old  lives serves as a symbolic bridge to our new realities, each adopting a new persona to evade detection and harm. 

Adam, becomes Aaron Hall born on  January 4th, 1997 in San Francisco , California . 

Bill, takes on the identity of Diego Reed, born on July 18th, 1998, in Hell's Kitchen, New York and Zayn was Tiago Barnes born on  February 14th 2000  in Boston , Massachusets 

The gritty background of Hell's Kitchen provides  Bill or should i say Diego with a sturdy cover, assuming the persona of someone shaped by the tough streets of New York. This new identity could lend him the resilience needed to face the challenges that lie ahead in their quest for justice and safety.

And lastly , Jay becomes  Giovanni Da Luca, born on October 26th, 1999 son of italian immigrants parents was born in Jersey City in the american state of New Jersey . It adds to the diverse backgrounds of our group of friends. His new identity carries the weight of a past he never lived, crafting a narrative that would need to be as convincing as those of his companions.

Together, under our new aliases, we  navigate the complexities of our  imposed exile. The dynamics within the group are bound to evolve as each of us grapples with our new identities, the loss of our former selves, and the shared mission that binds us . The road ahead is fraught with uncertainty, as the shadow of Albert Johns looms large, but our resolve to reclaim our lives and seek justice remains undeterred.

Josh ushers us to the private jet in dirction of Viriginia .

He even makes sure to ensure our journey is as comfortable as it is clandestine. He spares no expense, providing champagne and the finest foods available. This moment of luxury amidst a storm of chaos serves as a brief interlude, allowing us to experience a fleeting sense of security and normalcy

Upon landing in Virginia, the gravity of our new reality begins to set in. Josh introduces us to Kenneth Konrad, the leader of the General Spying Department (GSD). 

Konrad, with a presence that commands respect . 

" Josh told me a lot about you. That's why I'm counting on you to put your skills to good use in our department. I hope I won't be disappointed and have to waste my time with fresh-out-of-jail brats. Know that it's a great privilege to work, don't spoil it! " 

Quite a welcome!

I almost roll my eyes

" Know that we very rarely make this kind of agreement, but having heard about your stories, what you've endured and your link with that scoundrel Albert Johns, who is our common enemy that we must bring down at all costs. I've guaranteed to make the sacrifice, we're all winners in this story,  do not ever forget that." 

The work promises to be challenging, requiring us  to navigate the murky waters of  espionage while keeping our true selves obscured.

Our alliance with the GSD offers a semblance of purpose and direction amidst the upheaval of our lives. However, it also places us in the heart of global intrigues and dangers far beyond the personal vendettas that forced us into hiding 

In a clear, measured tone, he begins to outline the immediate steps ,  detailing the resources and support we will be provided to ensure our successful integration into the GSD.

"You will be given a safe house," Kenneth starts, his gaze sweeping over us to ensure he has everyone's full attention. "Inside, you'll find bags sealed in plastic. These contain brand-new smartphones. On these phones, you'll find all the contact details you might need—mine included. It's vital you use these phones for all communications moving forward. They are secure and encrypted."

"Additionally," Kenneth continues, "you will find a computer in the house. On this computer, you will find all necessary bank account information. Salaries, expenses for operations, and any other financial support you require will be managed through these accounts. It's imperative that you familiarize yourselves with the operational protocols we've set up. Everything you need to know about accessing and managing these funds is there."

"Tomorrow," he concludes, "an agent will come to pick you up and bring you to the headquarters. This will be your first official day with us. I expect you to be ready. This is where your training begins, where you start contributing to our mission. Remember, the work we do here is crucial, and you are now a vital part of that."

" Understood , sir "