chapter 16

December 21 2013

"Jack your acting like a kid in a candy shop." Bobby joked

"Shut up I'm excited to go home I have been here sense October. I have to be home. I want to be home."

"I know it's just fun to tease."

"Sure peewee."

"You can get away with that"

"I laughed so hard when Tim called you that and he walked away laughing and you went after him full force knocking him down flipping him over and pinning his arms and walloping him good."

"He never underestimated me again."

" I don't think any of us did."

"You know me but Joe and Tim underestimate me."

"Joe and Tim our our oldest siblings . They feel protective over all of us. But you are right they do underestimate  the younger siblings."

"Jack do you remember anything from when we were kids or the bights of your kids?"

"No, I don't. Bobby I just remember now I know you and the rest of our siblings. But I don't remember our childhood. Getting married my kids being born no past."

"That's okay you remember us."

Jack smiled and put a hat on his bald head.

Bobby helped Jack into a wheelchair and wheeled him out of the hospital.

"Ah fresh air" Jack said breathing in the fresh air.

"Sit tight I'm going to get my car." Jack nodded and watched Bobby run off in the direction of his car. He returned with his car and pulled up.  He was about to get out. When Jack got up and walked to the car. He opened the door and slid in.

"Does the family know I'm coming home?"

"Yeah. Joe brought your things home yesterday."

"Oh right."

"Bobby do the kids know I lost my memory?"

"No, we haven't told any of them. We just told them about the cancer ."

"Thanks from telling me  the nicknames I call my kids."

"We have our own names we call our kids. Your the only one to call Caroline buttons"

"Why?"

"Not sure. You joke with John and call him Sam."

Jack laughed.

"Yeah don't know why you do that. "

"You me and Kick are the only ones to call Lilly sunshine. You call her it a bit more."

"I know we are close are my kids close to you?"

"John and Lilly are Caroline is  Bella is closer to Kick. Caroline and Bella are close to Jackie's sister Lee."

"Lilly is also close to Kick because Kick is the most athletic. Well all of our sisters are."

"Okay cool.

"We spend Christmas at the main house. It's big enough to have get togethers. We do things outside too. But the weather is a bit cold."

"Yeah. Did I wear hats before this?"

"No, you never really liked to."

"Oh. I still don't remember things."

"In time I will help you remember so will our siblings. Jackie will be too. Jack your memory loss is kinda something we forgot to mention to the kids. We didn't want them to be hurt that you forgot things."

"I understand. I'm trying to get my memory jogged I remember things. But a lot of it is gone."

"Jack, that's okay as long as you can remember your family that's all that matters." Bobby said pulling into the Kennedy's homes. On the cape.

"Hey Jack how are you feeling?"

"A bit tired but i'm okay why?"

"Well the family has planned a welcome home party for you. You have seen my kids and Kick's but the rest of the kids you haven't seen sense you got sick."

"I know I'm okay. When i feel really tired. I will ask Jackie to take me home. the letters from the kids were really nice."

"Jack one thing about our family is we love each other and would do anything for each other."

"Yeah i realize that i wish i could remember everything."

"Joe said you may or may not. don't worry you have nine siblings there to help you. Something will jog your memory."

"Thanks Bobby i feel like we are close and i do feel a connection to you. More than the rest of our siblings i feel that with Kick too."

"do you need help out of the car?"

"No i got it." Jack said getting out of the car

Bobby got out and they walked into the big house

the brothers walked up to the door Bobby opened the door as he and Jack walked in the family greeted Jack.

Jack felt so loved and at home even if he didn't remember everything it was the family and that's all that mattered