Chapter 12

lilly's cast

lilly's cast

Bobby pulled into his driveway Kick got out of the car and went to her house. Telling Lilly and Bobby she would see them later.

"Do I have to go to school?"

"No you don't. Are you feeling okay to come to the book store with me?"

"Let's take the day off it is our birthday."

"Your right . Your aunt Kick is capable of running the store." Bobby replied as they got out of the car

"Yeah. Do I still get to have a birthday even if my dad and mom aren't here to give me one?"

"You aunt Ethel has that covered this year. She talked to your mom and dad. Your Aunt Ethel knows what you like and don't Like."

Lilly nodded

"How about I whoop your but a a video game." Bobby said

"It is not fair to make the person celebrating thier birthday lose. We can team up and whoop any one else."

Bobby laughed," right I agree. The person celebrating a birthday always wins. I was the one to make that up."

"My dad said he did."

"Your dad did what?" Pat asked

"Made up the it's not fair to lose on your birthday."

"Lilly being one of ten kids. We all made that up. You're the oldest of four soon to be six you can establish your own rules. Your siblings will have their own as well. It just works that way in big families."

" I guess you're right." Lilly said walking into the house.

"See you later." Eunice said as she and Pat left.

Bobby nodded and went into his house

Lilly sat on the couch she was trying to open her iPad box it was not an easy task with one arm.

Bobby sat beside her and opened it. He opened the cases for her.

She chose the yellow case. Bobby put it on for her

He pulled out an iTunes card for her, "this is four iTunes cards there is sixty dollars your parents forgot to give it to you." Bobby told her.

"Cool. Is John in preschool?"

"No, he is with your aunt Kick she was taking him to school but he cried so she took him to the book store."

"Uncle Bobby do you think my dad will be okay? He looked tired."

"Chemo does that to people it helps them get better but it has side effects as well and being tired is one of them. Your uncle Joe is keeping a close eye on him and he said your dad is doing very well."

Lilly nodded

"Need some help setting up you iPad?" Bobby asked

"Yeah it's not easy with one hand."

Bobby helped her set things up he went to give her ipad back, Lilly was asleep. He took her ipad and charger he plugged it in the kitchen

"I thought Lilly would be on her Ipad."

"I was helping her set it up and she fell asleep she was given some medication to set her wrist"

"I rolled the rug up. It's ready for you to take it to the garage."

Bobby nodded he ran up the steps he took the rug out to the garage. He returned and started kissing Ethel.

Lilly awoke she stretched and walked outside.

She was feeling very sore. Well her arm was

"Hey kid happy birthday how's the arm? "Pat asked as she walked up the steps with Peter and her kids as she gave lily a hug.

"Sore. But fine."

"What's wrong Lil?" Pat asked

"I want my mom and dad here."

"I know you do we all do. But your Dad needs to be in the hospital right now. The medication is helping him get better."

"I wish he wasn't sick."

"We all do." Pat replied John came up

He hugged his sister

"How's your arm?" Kick asked

"Fine." Lilly replied pulling out the marker for her aunts and uncles to sign

They did.

"The oldest has too much to deal with sometimes. The youngest has it easy." Lilly commented as she watched John play with her youngest cousins Teddy and Chris

"Don't tell your Uncle Ted that." Eunice told her giving her a kiss on the check and a sideways hug

Lilly laughed

" I think the youngest does have it easy. Four reasons one they don't have as much rules as the oldest. Two by the time they reach a certain age they can do things the oldest never did. Three they eventually have their parents attention. And four they have older siblings to blame for something they did."

"That is true however growing up in a household like we did we all made up our own rules. We were all very lonely. Growing up with nannies and being in boarding school. Wasn't something we liked. When I was young all of my brothers and sisters were already away at school. So I was very lonely.

Jack was home one Christmas when he was in college. I was ten I heard him say to Kick and Joe when I have kids I will never send them away they will never have nannies. I thought that's a great idea. And I figured my kids would have all of my attention." Teddy said

"At a young age we all vowed to never ever send our kids away." Jean replied

Lilly nodded

John sat beside Lilly he looked at her and replied, "I'm gonna climb the roof and jump off."

"You will not do that." Bobby told him

"Your uncle Bobby did that and he broke his leg in the beginning of summer he was stuck in a cast all summer. Wasn't fun was it Bob?" Tim joked

"No it wasn't."

"John don't go breaking any bones it hurts." Lilly told him

He nodded and ran off to play.

"Hey Uncle Bobby is it true my dad stole icing off of Uncle Joe's plate?"

"Yes that is true. I was livid with him." Joe replied

Lilly laughed

"Did you have a good birthday?" Bobby asked at the end of the day as the family had gone home.

"Yeah I love this blue Burton hoody. Thanks for the white and Blue stripped Burton Zip up hoody and the turquoise Vans I love them. And I can't believe aunt Kick found me a lime green under armor hoodie. The cool thing in this family is everyone knows what everyone likes."

"I really love having a big family there is always someone around to talk to."

"That is so true kid. Why don't you head up to bed."

" Okay night uncle Bobby thanks for a good birthday."

"Night kiddo." Bobby said hugging her.

Lilly hugged her aunt as she went up to bed she turned to look outside at the water she smiled she looked up to the heavens she thanked God for her family and said a prayer for her father.

thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment