Chapter 19 - Comfort

Time tends to pass quickly when you spend your days doing nothing. It was the same routine every day since Ophelia became introduced to this life. Every night before going to bed, Ophelia promises herself that she'll do something new tomorrow, yet come the next day Ophelia did nothing but lounge on her sofa while reading a very addictive romance novel.

The burrito spent his days looked after by the nannies and servants around him. People will assume that Ophelia isn't a great mother for leaving her own son to the servants. Although, what they didn't know is that Ophelia is very much a loving mother that always plays with him. Sometimes, she even went as far as changing his dirty diapers herself. Her relaxed yet boring routine ended in the early morning of the expected day to depart for the trip.

Sandhya along with a group of maids woke her up rather roughly, by that she meant they were screeching, "We're so late! Everyone, don't panic, we can and will still make it in time."

Ophelia looked out the window to the still-dark morning, it was definitely still early to wake up. Thank god for the fact that the night before Sandhya had suggested that the little burrito sleeps in the nursery instead of in her chambers. Ophelia could guess that she foresaw what would happen.

According to the timetable, their party will be departing in five hours. It was too early in her opinion to start preparing for the departure. Sadly, her people thought otherwise, they prepared the bath for her and soaps that she didn't normally use on a daily basis, scrubbing every inch of her body. When she asks why the change, her maids only giggled. After the bath, they lay her on a massage table and slowly massage her body using natural and organic oils, until her muscles feel like nothing but dumplings. Every moment was a glimpse of what heaven looked like.

~ . ~

The loud cheers and commotion of the people outside could be heard even from miles away in the palace. The closer Ophelia walks to the appointed gathering location, the louder the noise was from outside the palace. She could even hear loud drumming coming from outside. It was somewhat like a celebration instead of a sending-off party for the monarchs to travel throughout the entire empire.

The little burrito also seemed to be curious about the loud noises. He wouldn't stop grinning and looking around as if he was trying to figure out what was making all the commotion. He even struggles to get out of his nanny's arms so he could run towards it as if he could manage to do that without even knowing how to crawl first.

The maids did well on picking her dress for the day, it was a simple dress suitable for the long carriage ride while also being able to look elegant and suitable for a woman of her status. There'll be more events later on during the trip where she would need to wear something beautiful and extravagant. Standing to the side, tall and looking handsome in his uniform is the Emperor himself. Even before they left, he was busy talking to his people, only when he noticed Ophelia approaching did he stop. As she got closer everyone but the Emperor kneeled on the ground.

"Are you ready for the trip, Empress?", he asked.

She merely nodded to him afraid that if she speaks he will hear the tremble in her voice. After all, this will be her first trip outside of the palace after being married into the royal family. She took her place beside him, and the guards stationed at the door slowly opened the doors for them. As they stepped out the crowd waiting beyond the palace gates went wild at the first appearance of their Emperor and Empress.

Down at the courtyard are their carriages and the knights that will be accompanying them. On the left and right side were family members of the Emperor's council and the noble families that lived in the city. Somewhere in the crowd, Elena and Ammie could be spotted with their sons.