Chapter 14 - The other two love interest

Ophelia looks out to the lake from her balcony. A few maids and servants could be seen trimming, raking and watering the plants around the garden. She had hosted numerous parties and balls in her time growing up. If she could have it her way, she wouldn't even want to bother socializing with other people. Sadly, she has to keep up her appearance and status.

People will begin to start rumours of her lack of attendance in parties. Rumours that were scandalous and absurd as time goes by. But now, married to the most dangerous and powerful man in the land no one dared to even talk about bad things about her. One wrong word can cost them their life.

Pros of being married to that man if she was forced to admit the truth. Now, she only hosted tea parties to her closest circle. A party where she doesn't have to force herself to be sweet and kind or held back anything. The number of tea parties she had hosted could be count by only one hand.

There were thousands of beautiful sights all around the palace where it was suitable to host a tea party. Yet, she constantly chooses the sight near the lake. Her ladies and she could chat and drink tea all the while feeling the cool breeze and the warm sun. Their children could crawl all over the ground while they get to know one another.

She does not have to do anything. She only had to decide the type of snacks and teas that would be served tomorrow. Even though, the tea party are for her ladies friends that would not stop her from serving them only the finest and the best that could be found anywhere on the land. Ophelia does not have to do anything other than waiting for the day of the tea party itself.

She trusts Sandhya enough to lead the preparation of the tea party without her instructions. Every day she leads a life of leisure that she has begun to feel suspicious about. Even before she married into the royal family she was raised to be the perfect leader and mother to both her people and children. Ever since she succeed on her main duty as an Empress to give birth to an heir to the throne however her duty is more than just that.

She has to manage the Emperor's harem, go through the palace's accounting, host parties, establishing a great relationship with the female society and that are just a few things that she could list out right at that moment. Who knows if someone gave her a whole day to think of the duties of an Empress, she bets she can easily make a whole list. Alphabetically.

But instead, she had a daily life of a NEET who sleeps, eats and repeat. Perhaps she should ask the chief manservant in the palace about the matter herself rather than asking Sandhya to do it. This way she can ask in more detail about her strange situation.

"My lady, your guests have finally arrived."

The matter could be put aside for the moment, for now, she would like to meet the other two love interests and her son's greatest allies and enemies according to the plot of the game. This will all change.

She would never make an enemy of her girlfriends and neither should their sons. She would make sure their friendship is so strong that no woman could have any way of breaking it.

Ophelia followed Sandhya towards the venue of the tea party after making sure that Peter was well behaved being carried by his babysitter, Maria. Both mother and son were dressed quite beautifully with Ophelia wearing a blue theme dress while Peter was covered with a smooth and warm blanket.

Reaching the clear landing by the lake that has already been set up with tables filled with sweets and cakes and comfy outdoor chairs, Ophelia noticed ahead that her two ladies friends also has arrived at the same time as her. Elena was walking side by side with Ammie each of them carrying bundles of their own. Ophelia's heart melted when it became apparent that the bundles were their sons.

Ophelia could not even take her eyes off the two babies even when they are right in front of one another Ophelia had not even acknowledge her two friends instead she cooed to the babies in their arms. That moment was the first time she saw their sons and knowing the fact that they are her only closest friends' babies she felt something in her that reminds her when she first lay her eyes on Peter.

It was love.

These boys were her girlfriend's sons and that means they are one of her own's as well.

"They are so beautiful."

"Speak for yourself. Is this little Peter?", Elena eyed the burrito in Maria's arms. Ophelia felt out of place for being the only one who was not carrying her son. Gently she took burrito from Maria while proudly show to them the living being that came out from her.

"He has your eyes, Phee", awed Elena all the while looking at burrito.

"It looks so much like a diamond", agree Ammie.

Ophelia felt proud for having such a beautiful baby. Of course, she was beautiful as well. It was only right for her child to inherit the same appearance as her. Even if he was not born as a prince and a commoner instead the number of people who will line up in front of their house to ask for his hand in marriage could cover the whole planet!

That was how good looking her baby burrito.

In another alternate modern universe.

"I posted one picture of my baby and the whole world exploded! What the heck is going on here?", said Ophelia. "Texts and emails from numerous families wouldn't stop coming in."

Her whole office is covered with unopen presents and letters from influential people who are trying to butter up to her. There are even families that she did not even dare to reject out of fear they might felt offensive. She glances to the side at the burrito who did not even know what he did wrong to receive such hateful glare from his mother. Burrito innocently sucks on his little toe.

"Just reject every single one of them. Let see who would dare to question it," such cold words were said from the man but the gentle gaze he looked at his son as he pulled the little toe away instead give him his sucker. He then wipes the wet toe clean. Every action he makes was gentle and soft.

"Easy to said than done. Then, you reject them."

"Alright, I was wrong. Please don't be mad at me."

"If even the royal family starts sending proposals I will divorce you," Ophelia pouted turning away.

"It's my fault. I was wrong. Please don't make irrational decisions, dear, especially when you're in your situation."

Ophelia was about to give the man a piece of her mind when their butler suddenly barged inside the room. The poor man who always has a calm look on his face looked panic right at the moment.

"Madam. There's a letter for you."

"Who is it this time?"

"It's from.... From the royal family, Madam", the poor old looked as if he aged drastically in a few seconds.

Right at that moment, countless people barged into the room. All with the same reason.

"Madam, the royal family of Britain send a proposal for the young prince."

"The royal family of -"

"Madam! The sultans-"

"Madam!"

...

"That's it! I want a divorce!"

Yes, I'm back. Still alive. Not dead just yet.

Critics are pretty much appreciated.

Thanks for reading and being patient with me. I'll try to update more often.